International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Technology-enhanced learning is increasingly used in developing countries, but is often not systematically evaluated. This paper presents a case study at Sichuan International Studies University where an “eExamsystem”, a self-training and test system, has been used. Results show that the eExam system helped poorer students from rural areas catch up with their peers from urban areas.
: eExam; eLearning; technology-enhanced learning; evaluation
- P. Sharma, The distance in education and online technologies in India, A. A. Carr-Chellman ed., London: Sage Publications, pp.52–66, 2005.
- S. Gulati, “Technology-Enhanced Learning in Developing Nations: A review,” International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, vol. 9(1), pp. 43-58, Feb., 2008.
- C. R. Wright, G. Dhanarajan, S. A. Reju, “Recurring Issues Encountered by Distance Educators in Developing and Emerging Nations,” International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, vol. 10(1), pp. 127-152, Feb., 2009.
- I. Jung, T. M. Wong, C. Li, S. Baigaltugs, T. Belawati, “Quality assurance in Asian distance education: Diverse approaches and common culture,” International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, vol. 12(6), pp. 63-83, Oct., 2011.
- A. S. Andersson, Å. Grönlund, “A Conceptual Framework for E-Learning in Developing Countries: A Critical Review of Research Challenges,” The Electronic Journal on Information Systems in Developing Countries, vol. 38, pp. 117-133, Sep., 2009.
- J. Kim, W. Lee, “Assistance and possibilities: analysis of learning-related factors affecting the online learning satisfaction of underprivileged students,” Computers & Education, vol. 57(4), pp. 2395-2405, Dec., 2011.
- A. Andersson, “Seven major challenges for e-learning in developing countries: Case study eBIT, Sri Lanka,” International Journal of Education and Development Using Information and Communication Technology, vol. 4(3), pp. 45-62, Oct., 2008.
- R. Garrote, T. Pettersson, M. Christie, “LiveUSB Mediated Education: A method to facilitate computer supported education,” Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, vol. 27(4), pp.619-632, Aug., 2011.
- A. S. Blignaut, J. E. Hinnostraza, C.J. Els, M. Brun, “ICT in education policy and practice in developing countries: South Africa and Chile compared through SITES 2006,” Computers & Education, vol. 55(4), pp.1552-1563, Sep., 2010.
- R. Rubio, S. Martin, S. Moran, “Collaborative Web Learning Tools: Wikos and Blogs,” ComputerApplications in Engineering Education, vol. 18(3), pp. 502-511, Sep., 2010.
- R. Vyas, S. Albright, D. Walker, A. Zachariah, M. Y. Lee, “Clinical training at remote sites using mobile technology: an India-USA partnership,” Distance Education, vol. 31(2), pp. 211-226, Apr., 2010.
- M. Hodgins, B. Battel-Kirk, A. G Asgeirsdottir, “Building capacity in workplace health promotion: the case of the Healthy Together elearning project,” Global Health Promotion, vol. 17(1), pp. 60-68,Jan., 2010.
- F. Helali, “Using ergonomics checkpoints to support a participatory ergonomics intervention in an industrially developing country
(IDC)--a case study,” International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics, vol. 15(3), pp. 325-337, Sep., 2009.
- T. Obura, W. E. Brant, F. Miller, I. J. Parboosingh, “Participating in a Community of Learners enhances resident perceptions of learning in an e-mentoring program: proof of concept,” BMC MEDICAL EDUCATION, vol. 11(3), pp. 125-129, Jan., 2011.
- S. Raturi, R. Hogan, K. H. Thaman, “Learners' access to tools and experience with technology at the University of the South Pacific: Readiness for e-learning,” Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, vol. 27(3), pp. 411-427, Sep., 2011.
- C. M. Guerra, M. P. Ramos, V. Z. Penna, J. M. Goto, L. Q. Santi, V. A. Stempliuk, J. Sallas, E. A. Servolo Medeiros, “How to educate health care professionals in developing countries? A Brazilian experience,” American Journal of Infection Control, vol. 38(6), pp. 491- 493, Aug., 2010.
- J. Leary, Z. L. Berge, “Trends and challenges of e-learning in national and international agricultural development,” International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology, vol. 2(2), pp. 51-59, Apr., 2006.
- M. D. Peña-Bandalaria, “Impact of ICTs on open and distance learning in a developing country setting: the Philippine experience,” International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, vol. 8(1), pp. 31-45, Feb., 2007.
- I. Hussain, “A study of student’s attitude towards virtual education in Pakistan,” Turkish Journal of Distance Learning, vol. 8(2), pp. 69-79, Jan., 2007.
- T. Belawati, A. Zuhairi, “The Practice of a Quality Assurance System in Open and Distance Learning: A case study at Universitas Terbuka Indonesia (The Indonesia Open University),” International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, vol. 8(1), pp. 46-60, Feb., 2007.