International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Nowadays, information used in any organization is usually stored in different formats and may earn frominternal and external organization. Such information may be not available for a sudden use. Thus, it is necessary to integrate them to create a central repository and provide a mechanism to present the results relevant to the user need. This research presents a method to construct a centralized repository based on Dublin Core Standard used for metadata identification and metadata structure. Also, OAI-PMH was used to import all data from different repositories. In addition, Dspace was customized and used to establish centralized repository. The centralized repository supports the retrieval of information efficiently to serve different needs.
: Metadata Integration, Centralized Repository, Library, Dublin Core Standard, Dspace
- Initiative,“Open Archives Initiative Version 2.0: Reference” [Online], Available from: http://www.openarchives.org, 2008.
- Ramachandran, “Enabling Knowledge Sharing with an Institutional Repository”, International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT 2007), 2007.
- Dspace, Dspace Respository , http://www.dspace.org.
- Ribeiro-Neto, R.B.-Y.a.B., Modern Information Retrieval. 1999, Addison Wesley.
- Dspace, DSpace 1.7.1 System Documentation, 2011.
- G. Pirounakis, M.N, “Comparing Open Source Digital Library Software”, 2009.
- A. Mikeal, J.C, “Large-scale ETD repositories: A case study of a digital library application”, JCDL, June 15- June 19, 2009.
- Hochstenbach, P, “The OAI-PMH Static Repository and Static Repository”, IEEE, 2003.
- Society, I.C., “Search Engine Coverage of the OAI-PMH Corpus”, Mar-Apr, 2006.
- The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, “Dublin Core Metadata Element Set, Version 1.1: Reference Description,” [Online], Available from: http://dublincore.org/documents/dces/index.shtml, [June 2012].