International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Cryptography is one of the major concerned areas of computer networks and data security. The art of cryptography is to convert a plain message into a human unreadable format by encoding message using some cryptographic algorithms. In today’s world, security is one of the most significant and fundamental issues of data transmission, researchers are working on the evolvement of new cryptographic algorithms. Cryptography is the process of providing security of data transmission via public network by encrypting the original data or message. Data security is concerned with the areas of data transmission. An efficient direction of providing data security can be termed as DNA based Cryptography. The encryption and decryption process proposed in this paper will use the DNA sequencing property of the DNA. We have proposed here how the DNA sequencing can be utilized in cryptographic algorithms and how the message can be made more secure and reliable for transmitting effectively via networks. The algorithm we have proposed here is a new algorithm which has two rounds of encryption. Moreover paper contains a new method of key generation and sharing for better security aspects. The encryption scheme is designed by using the mechanism of DNA sequencing.
:DNA Sequencing; Encryption; Decryption and Secret key.
- Nirmalya Kar, Atanu Majumder, Ashim Saha and Dwijen Rudrapal “An Improved DNA Based Cryptosystem", International Conference on Signal, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition (SIPP-2013) , February 18-20, 2013, Bangalore, India,)
- J. Clerk H. Z. Hsu and R. C. T. Lee. DNA Based Encryption Methods, The 23rd Workshop on Combinatorial Mathematics and Computation Theory, National Chi Nan University Puli, Nantou Hsies, Taiwan 545.
- Dan Boneh, Cristopher Dunworth, and Richard Lipton. Breaking DES Using a Molecular Computer. Technical Report CS-TR-489-95, Department of Computer Science, Princeton University, USA, 1995.
- Bibhash Roy, Gautam Rakshit, Pratim Singha, Atanu Majumder, Debabrata Datta, An improved Symmetric Key Cryptography with DNA Based Strong Cipher. ICDeCom-2011, BIT Mesra, Ranchi, Jarkhan, India.
- Ashish Gehani, Thomas H. LaBean, and John H. Reif, DNA-based Cryptography, Proc. DNA Based Computers V: Cambridge, MA, June 14-16, 1999. Published in DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, Volume 54, edited by Erik Winfree and D.K. Gifford, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, pp. 233-249, (2000).
- S. V. Kartalopoulos, DNA-inspired cryptographic method in optical communications, authentication and data mimicking, Proc. of the IEEE on Military Communications Conference, vol.2, pp.774-779, 2005.
- K. Tanaka, A. Okamoto and I. Saito, Public-key system using DNA as a one-way function for key distribution, Bios stems, vol.81, no.1, pp.25-29, 2005.
- G. Cui, L. Qin, Y. Wang and X. Zhang, Information security technology based on DNA computing, Proc. of the 2007 IEEE International Workshop on Anti-counterfeiting, Security, Identification, Xiamen, China, pp.288-291, 2007.
- G. Xiao, M. Lu, L. Qin and X. Lai, New field of cryptography: DNA cryptography, Chinese Science Bulletin, vol.51, no.12, pp.1413-1420, 2006.