International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Cryptography is the promising methodology of data security in the concerned areas of computer communication and cryptographic computations can be used for encrypting and transmitting the information. cryptography has shown its effectiveness in the field of secured data transmission and much research work is going on to make the computational process more complex to the unauthorized users so that they cannot decrypt the information in a reasonable time. In this paper, an improved strong substitution based encryption algorithms are proposed and the encryption and decryption process is being optimized. The proposed methods are being implemented and analyzed and it shows its efficiency in computation, storage and transmission; and it is more powerful during the decryption process. Proper care has been taken so as keep the cipher text output file size as close to the plain text file size for fast transmission. This paper includes the procedures like substituent list generation, key generation, encryption and decryption that are continued and enhanced from our previous proposed work . The performances are finally demonstrated and its implementations are explained and analyzed.
:: Security, encryption, decryption, key generation, cipher text, plain text.
- AtulKahate: “Cryptography and Network security” Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd(2nd edition 2003). Chapter and page no .
- William Stallings. Cryptography and Network Security, Third Edition, Prentice Hall International, 2003.
- Behrouz A.Forouzan:” Cryptography and Network security” McGraw Hill companies(special indian edition, 2007).
- Gehani Ashish, La Bean, Thomas H. Reif, JohnH, “DNA-Based Cryptography”, Department of Computer Science, Duke University, June 1999
- Guangzhao Cui Limin Qin Yanfeng Wang Xuncai Zhang. An encryption scheme using DNA technology. Bio-Inspired Computing: Theories and Applications,2008. BICTA 2008. 3rd International Conference on Publication Date: Sept. 28 2008-Oct. 1 2008 ISBN: 978-1-4244-2724-6, page(s):37-42;Adelaide, SA.
- Guangzhao Cui Limin Qin Yanfeng Wang Xuncai Zhang; Information Security Technology Based on DNA Computing; Anti-counterfeiting, Security, Identification, 2007 IEEE International Workshop on 16-18 April 2007,page(s): 288-291, ISBN: 1-4244-1035-5, Location: Xiamen, Fujian.
- S. V. Kartalopoulos, DNA-inspired cryptographic method in optical communications, authentication and data mimicking, Proc. of the IEEE on Military Communications Conference, vol.2, pp.774-779, 2005.
- G. Cui, L. Qin, Y. Wang and X. Zhang, Information security technology based on DNA computing, Proc. of the 2007 IEEE International Workshop on Anti-counterfeiting, Security, Identification, Xiamen, China, pp.288-291, 2007.
- D. Boneh, C. Dunworth and R. Lipton, Breaking DES using a molecular computer, Technical Report, CS-TR-489-95, Princeton University, 1995.
- Bibhash Roy, Gautam Rakshit, Pratim Singha, Atanu Majumder, Debabrata Datta, “An improved Symmetric key cryptography with DNA Based strong cipher”- ICDeCom-2011, Feb‟ 24-25‟2011, pp.1-5,2011 Birla Institute of Technology, Meshra, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India pulished at IEEE Explorer.ISBN:978-1-4244-9189-6, ACCESSION NO: 11887756.