International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This paper addresses the issues in Underlay Cognitive Radio Networks employing amplify-and-forward relaying. The secondary users operating in an underlay mode in the frequency band of primary users must satisfy interference constraints to keep primary communication undisturbed. We propose a solution to this problem using cognitive relays and perform channel state information (CSI) based relay selection to choose an optimal subset of relays from the whole relay set, which maximizes secondary system performance while satisfying interference threshold of the primary network. We aim to give priority to those relays which exhibit better channel conditions towards destination as compared to the primary user. Simulation results prove the effectiveness of the proposed scheme. .
: Amplify-and-Forward, Channel State Information, Cognitive Radio Networks
- J. Mitola, “Cognitive Radio architecture evolution”, Proceedings of the IEEE, pp.626– 641, 2009.
- D. Chen, H. Ji, X. Li, “Distributed best-relay node selection in Underlay Cognitive Radio Networks: A restless bandits approach”, IEEE WCNC, 2011, pp. 1208-1212.
- E. Yaaqoub, Z. Dawy, ”Enhancing the performance of OFDMA Underlay Cognitive Radio Networks via secondary pattern nulling and primary beam steering”, IEEE WCNC, 2011, pp. 1476-1481.
- A.H. Bastami, A. Olfat, “Optimal SNR based selection relaying scheme with M-ary modulations in cooperative wireless networks”, IET Comm., Vol. 5 (6), pp. 797-810.
- Y. W. Liang, R. Schober, “Cooperative amplify-and-forward beamforming with multiple multi-antenna relays”, IEEE transactions on comm., Vol. 59(9), 2011, pp.2605-2615.
- S. I. Hussain, M. M. Abdallah, M. S. Alouini, M. Hasna, K. Qaraqe, “Best Relay Selection usi ng SNR and Interfernce Quotient for Underlay Cognitive Networks”, IEEE ICC, 2012, pp 4176-4180.
- M. Seyfi, S. Muhaidat, J. Liang, “Relay Selection in Underlay Cognitive Radio Networks”, IEEE WCNC, 2012,
- M. Naeem, D. C. Lee, U. Pareek, “An Efficient Multiple Relay Selection Scheme for Cognitive Radio Systems”, IEEE ICC, 2010, pp1-5.
- M. Naeem, U. Pareek, and D. C. Lee, “Power Allocation for Non-Regenerative relaying in Cognitive Radio System”, WiMob IEEE, 2010, 720-725