International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) courses have been implemented at the University of Urbino, Italy, for some years now. To promote CLIL instruction effectively across all departments, a blended learning model has been designed. In this paper, the integration of corpus linguistics and online learning is described along with online collaborative tasks .
: English corpus linguistics, corpus-informed activities, online learning.
- BagTheWeb, http://www.bagtheweb.com.
- G. Bennett, Using Corpora in the Language Learning Classroom,Anne Arbor: The University of Michigan Press, 2010.
- D. Biber, S. Conrad, and G. Leech, Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English, Harlow: Longman, 2002.
- D. Biber, University Language. A Corpus-Based Study of Spoken and Written Registers, Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing, 2006.
- D. Coyle, P. Hood, and D. Marsh, CLIL, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Z. Dörnyei, The Psychology of the Language Learner. Individual Differences in Second Language Acquisition, Mahwah NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2005.
- W. Doyle, “Academic work,” in Review of Educational Research, 53.2, 1983, pp. 159–199.
- L. Flowerdew, Corpora and Language Education, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- S. Hoffmann, S. Evert, N. Smith, D. Lee, and Y. Berglund Prytz, Corpus Linguistics with BNCweb – A Practical Guide, Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang, 2008.
- A. Kilgarriff, P. Rychly, P. Smrz, and D. Tugwell, “The Sketch Engine,” 2004, ftp://ftp.itri.bton.ac.uk/reports/ITRI-04-08.pdf.
- C. Kramsch, Context and Culture in Language Teaching, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1993.
- Learnclick, http://www.learnclick.com.
- M. Long, “The role of the linguistic environment in second language acquisition,” in W. Ritchie and T. Bhatia (eds.), Handbook of Language Acquisition. Vol. 2: Second Language Acquisition, New York: Academic Press, 1996, pp. 413–468.
- R. Lyster, Learning and Teaching Languages through Content. A Counterbalanced Approach, Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing, 2007.
- T. McEnery, R. Xiao, and Y. Tono, Corpus-Based Language Studies. An Advanced Resource Book, London and New York: Routledge, 2006.
- C. McLoughlin and M. Lee, “The Three P’s of Pedagogy for the Networked Society: Personalization, Participation and Productivity,” in International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, 20.1, 2008, pp. 10–27.
- C. McLoughlin and M. Lee, “Personalised and self regulated learning in the Web 2.0 era: International exemplars of innovative pedagogy using social software,” in Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 26.1, 2010, pp. 28–43.
- Mighthybell, https://mightybell.com.
- Pearltrees, http://www.pearltrees.com.
- N. Schmitt, Researching Vocabulary. A Vocabulary Research Manual, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Sketch Engine, http://www.sketchengine.co.uk.
- W. Teubert and A. Čermáková, Corpus Linguistics. A Short Introduction, London: Continuum, 2004.
- B. Tynan and C. Barnes, “Web 2.0 and Professional Development of Academic Staff,” in M. J. W. Lee and C. McLoughlin (eds.), Web 2.0-Based E-Learning: Applying Social Informatics for Tertiary Teaching, New York: Information Science Reference, 2011, pp. 365–379.
- D. Willis and J. Willis, Doing Task-based Teaching, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007.
- D. Wolff, “CLIL and Learner Autonomy: relating two educational concepts,” in Education et Sociétés Plurilingues, 2011. http://www.cebip.com/datapage.asp?l=1&id=43.
- Word Dynamo, http://dynamo.dictionary.com.