International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Academic projects are very important for academicians. Deciding on the right project type can be very complicated. Project research has a positive impact on the academic career, it will improve researcher’s motivation and provide an additional income for project personel. There are different project types that support the academic research studies. Academicians have many attempts to realize their study by academic project funds, it is a multi criteria decision making problem to choose which project type is the most suitable for a researcher’s work plan. The goal of this paper is to help academicians to select the right project type by applying the right methodolgy. In this paper there are five alternative project types and criteria defined by decision makers and Analytic Network Process (ANP) method is used to select most appropriate type of the research project by the comparison of criteria. Interaction of the criteria are evaluated to define appropriate project type by the ANP method. The results of method is compared in the last part of the study .
: Research project, ANP, Multi Criteria Decision Making .
- Amiri, M.P. (2010). Project selection for oil-fields development by using the AHP and fuzzy TOPSIS methods. Expert Systems with Applications, 37, 6218–6224.
- Beltran, P.A., Ferrando, J.P.P., Garcia, F.G., &Agullo, A.P. (2010). An Analytic Network Process approach for siting a municipal solid waste plant in the Metropolitan Area of Valencia (Spain). Journal of Environmental Management , 91, 1071–1086.
- Chen, C-T.,& Cheng, H-L. (2009). A Comprehensive Model For Selecting Information System Project Under Fuzzy Environment. International Journal of Project Management, 27, 389–399.
- Chou, Y-C., Sun, C-C., Yen, H-Y. (2012). Evaluating the criteria for human resource for science and technology (HRST) based on an integrated fuzzy AHP and fuzzy DEMATEL approach. Applied Soft Computing, 12, 64-71.
- Çağlar, M. (2009).Multi-Criteria Project Selection Problems. Master Thesis, Middle East Technical University.
- Das, S., & Chakraborty, S. (2011). Selection of non-traditional machining processes using analytic network process. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 30, 41–53.
- Durán, O. (2011). Computer-aided maintenance management systems selection based on a fuzzy AHP approach. Advances in Engineering Software, 42-821-829.
- Hsieh T-Y., Lu S-T.&, Tzeng G-H. (2004). Fuzzy MCDM approach for planning and design tenders selection in public office buildings, International Journal of Project Management, 22, 573–584.
- Huang, C-C., Pin-Yu Chu, P-Y.,& Chiang, Y-H. (2008). A fuzzy AHP application in government-sponsored R&D project selection, Omega, 36, 1038-1052.
- Jaskowski, P., Biruk, S., Bucon, R. (2010). Assessing contractor selection criteria weights with fuzzy AHP method application in group decision environment. Automation in Construction, 19, 120-126.
- Ju , Y., Wang, A., Liu, X. (2012). Evaluating emergency response capacity by fuzzy AHP and 2-tuple fuzzy linguistic approach. Expert Systems with Applications, 39, 6972-6981.
- Lee, S-H. (2010). Using fuzzy AHP to develop intellectual capital evaluation model for assessing their performance contribution in a university. Expert Systems with Applications, 37, 4941-4947.
- Meade, L.M. & Presley, A. (2002). R&D Project Selection Using the Analytic Network Process. IEEE Transactıons on Engıneerıng Management, Vol. 49, No. 1.
- Pan, N.-F. (2008). Fuzzy AHP approach for selecting the suitable bridge construction method. Automation in Construction, 17, 958–965.
- Shaw, K., Shankar, R., Yadav, S.S., Thakur, L.S. (2012). Supplier selection using fuzzy AHP and fuzzy multi-objective linear programming for developing low carbon supply chain. Expert Systems with Applications, 38, 8182-8192. http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/understand_en.html
- http://sagm.sanayi.gov.tr/Default.aspx?lng=tr http://www.tubitak.gov.tr/