International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
In this paper, the surface charge model of magnet magnetized in z-direction is presented. Then the transformation between the coordinate systems is applied in the magnets magnetized in x- and y-direction. The expressions of magnetic flux density distribution of the Halbach array are constructed by using the expressions of magnetic flux density distribution of the magnets magnetized in x-, y- and z-direction. The expressions of the magnetic flux density distribution of the 2D Halbach array contain the end effect and are used in analytical analysis. .
: Magnet array;surface charge; transformation;finite element
- Halbach K, “Design of permanent multipole magnets with oriented rare earth cobalt material,” Nuclear Instrum Methods, vol. 169, pp. 1–10, 1980.
- Trumper D L, Williams M E, Nguyen T H, “Magnet arrays for synchronous machines,” Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, 1993, IEEE, 1993, pp. 9-18.
- Jang S M, Lee S H, Jeong S S, “Characteristic analysis of eddy-current brake system using the linear Halbach array,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 38, pp. 2994-2996, 2002.
- Hoburg J F, “Modeling maglev passenger compartment static magnetic fields from linear Halbach permanent-magnet arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 40, pp. 59-64.
- Compter I J C, “Electro-dynamic planar motor,” Precision Engineering, vol. 28, pp. 171-180, 2004.
- Jansen J W, Lomonova E A, Vandenput A J A, et al, “Analytical model of a magnetically levitated linear actuator,” Industry Applications Conference, 2005. Fourtieth IAS Annual Meeting IEEE, vol. 3, pp. 21072113, 2005.
- Jin P, Fang S, Lin H, et al, “A novel linear and rotary Halbach permanent magnet actuator with two degrees-of-freedom,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 111, pp. 07E725-07E725-3, 2012.