International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Grid technology benefits user by providing a platform which enables access over huge resources. It provides service pertaining to the grid resources available across site and the management of these grid resources would be a challenging one. Cloud technology can benefit grid computing by providing on demand scaling of resources. This paper focuses on the similar approach and we propose a new framework for managing the integration of grid and cloud technology. The demand of resources over the grid site is efficiently handled by the deployment of new grid resources across cloud environment. This framework provides a basic approach for enabling any private cloud over grid environment in order to efficiently use the cloud concepts and acquire the maximum benefit of scaling of grid resources .
: Grid Computing; Cloud Computing; Eucalyptus; Globus Toolkit; Gridway
- Ian Foster, Carl Kesselman and Steve Tuecke, “The Anatomy of the Grid: Enabling Scalable Virtual Organizations”, International Journal of High Performance Computing, August 2001.
- Ian Foster, Carl Kesselman, Gene Tsudik and Steven Tuecke, “A Security Architecture for Computational Grids” , ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, 1998.
- Sathish Vadhiyar and Jack Dongarra, “A Metascheduler for the Grid”, Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Symposium on High performance distributed computing, pp 343-351, Edinburgh, Scotland, July , 2002.
- “Twenty Experts Define cloud computing”, SYS-CON Media Inc. http://cloudcomputing .sys-con.com/read/612375_p.htm, 2008
- D. Nurmi, R. Wolski, C. Grzegorczyk, G. Obertelli, S. Soman, L. Youseff, and D. Zagorodnov, “Eucalyptus: A Technical Report on an Elastic Utility Computing Architecture Linking Your Programs to Useful Systems,” technical report, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara, 2008.
- Eduardo Huedo, Rubén S Montero, Ignacio Martín Llorente, “The GridWay framework for adaptive scheduling and execution on grids”, Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience, 2005.
- Hyunjoo Kim, Y. el-Khamra, S. Jha, M. Parashar, “An Autonomic Approach to Integrated HPC Grid and Cloud Usage”, e-Science and Grid Computing - ESCIENCE , 2009.
- Thomas Rings, Geoff Caryer, Julian Gallop, Jens Grabowski, Tatiana Kovacikova, Stephan Schulz, Ian Stokes-Rees,” Grid and Cloud Computing: Opportunities for Integration with the Next Generation Network”, Journal of Grid Computing, Vol. 7, No. 3. (1 September 2009), pp. 375-393.
- Emilio P. Mancini, Massimiliano Rak, Umberto Villano, “PerfCloud: GRID Services for Performance-Oriented Development of Cloud Computing Applications”, 18th IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructures for Collaborative Enterprises, WETICE 2009,pages 201-206.
- ] B. Hess,C. Kutzner,D. van der Spoel,E. Lindahl, ”GROMACS 4: Algorithms for Highly Efficient, Load-Balanced, and Scalable Molecular Simulation”, Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation - J CHEM THEORY COMPUT , vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 435-447, 2008.
- I. Foster, “Globus Toolkit Version 4: Software for Service-Oriented Systems”, IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing, Springer-Verlag LNCS 3779, pp 2-13, 2006.
- Thamarai Selvi Somasundaram, Kumar Rangasamy, Kannan Govindarajan, Balakrishnan Ponnuraman,Balachandar R. Amarnath, Rajendar Kandan,Rajiv Rajaian, Mahendran Ellappan, Madhusudhanan Bairappan& Rajesh Britto Gnanaprakasam, “ VCDE : A toolkit for virtual cluster creation for grid enviorminet”, International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distribututed Systems, Vol 26, Issue 6, pp 443455, 2011.