International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This research aims to compare the students’ achievement of E-Learning and traditional learning using the experimental approach. A pair of student groups ( in E-Learning and traditional class ) was learned in a semester as an experiment. Two experiments with two pairs of student groups were conducted in two semesters. T-test comparison analysis was performed in order to examine the differences of mean scores between two treatments. Results showed that there are no statically significant differences in all measurements. Moreover, both of student groups were interviewed at the end of each semester about students’ satisfaction. The findings highlight the importance of identifying the blended learning-mixed of E-Learning and traditional learning. It is expected that the blended learning would be an improvement of students’ achievement .
: E-Learning;traditional learning; experimental approach;blended learning.
- A.H. Hassenburg, “Distance Education versus the Traditional Classroom,” Berkeley Scientific Journal, vol. 13, pp. 18-25, 2009.
- C.A. Dell, C.Low and J.F.Wilker, “Comparing Student Achievement in Online and Face-to-Face class formats,” Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, vol. 6., pp.30-42, 2010.
- ChengZhi, “Introduction to E-Learnikng”[online]: Available at “http://www.chengzhi.net/english/”
- D.R. Rashty, “Traditional Learning vs. Elearning,” [online]: Available at “http://www.researchtrail.com/articles/”
- D.Zhang, “Virtual Mentor and Media Structuralization Theory”, PH.D. Dissertation, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arisona, 2002.
- Education &Human Development at Texas A&M University, “ELearning better at improving performance than traditional instruction”[online]:Available at “http://www.education.tamu.edu/news-archive”
- E.Papanis,”Traditional Teaching versus e-learnning”[online] :. Available at “http://www.academic.edu/958026/”
- E.Verdu, L.M.Regueras, M.J. Verdu, J.P.D. Custro, and M.A.Perez, “An Analysis of the Research on Adaptive Learning: The Next Generation of E-learning”, WSEAS Transaction on Information Science & Applications, Vol 5:p.859-868.
- Y.H.Tamsamani, “Elearning versus Traditional Classroom”[online]: Available at “http://www.morocco worldnews.com/2012”.