International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
In cloud computing, large amount of data can be effectively stored and managed. To ensure data security and efficient retrieval, people can encrypt data using searchable encryption (SE) before outsourcing. However, most existing SE schemes only support single-user access, and multi-user SE is required in many enterprise applications. We found that the flexibility and usability of encryption schemes can be greatly improved by embedding attribute-based access policy in a ciphertext. In this paper, we propose a ciphertext-policy hidden vector encryption (CPHVE) scheme to support both encryption and search operations for multiple users. In the scheme, a keyword is encrypted with an attribute-based access policy, which can be searched when the users’ attributes satisfy the policy. The security of CPHVE is also proved in this paper. Moreover, our CPHVE scheme is based on bilinear groups of prime order, thus it is more efficient than the existing schemes. .
: Cloud computing; multi-user searchable encryption; hidden vector encryption
- Curtmola R, Garay J, Kamara S & Ostrovsky, R. Searchable symmetric encryption: Improved definitions and efficient constructions[J]. Journal of Computer Security, 2011, 19(5): 895-934.
- Yang Y, Lu H, Weng J. Multi-user private keyword search for cloud computing[C]//Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), 2011 IEEE Third International Conference on. IEEE, 2011: 264-271.
- Hwang Y H, Lee P J. Public key encryption with conjunctive keyword search and its extension to a multiuser system[M]//Pairing-Based Cryptography–Pairing 2007. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2007: 2-22.
- Goh E J. Secure Indexes[J]. IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, 2003, 2003: 216.
- Hattori M, Hirano T, Ito T, Matsuda, N., Mori, T., Sakai, Y., & Ohta, K. Ciphertext-policy delegatable hidden vector encryption and its application to searchable encryption in multi-user setting[M]//Cryptography and Coding. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011: 190-209.
- Song D X, Wagner D, Perrig A. Practical techniques for searches on encrypted data[C]//Security and Privacy, 2000. S&P 2000. Proceedings. 2000 IEEE Symposium on. IEEE, 2000: 44-55.
- Boneh D, Di Crescenzo G, Ostrovsky R, & Persiano, G. Public key encryption with keyword search[C]//Advances in Cryptology-Eurocrypt 2004. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2004: 506-522.
- Zhang Y, Xue C J, Wong D S, Mamoulis, N., & Yiu, S. M. Acceleration of composite order bilinear pairing on graphics hardware[M]//Information and Communications Security. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012: 341-348.
- Ning Cao, Cong Wang Ming, Li,Kui Ren, and Wenjing Lou. Privacy-preserving multi-keyword ranked search over encrypted cloud data. INFOCOM, 2011 Proceedings IEEE.
- Swaminathan A, Kisem D. Confidentiality Preserving Rank-Ordered Search[C]. Proceedings of the 2007 ACM Workshop on Storage Security and Survivability, 2007, (8):7-21
- Kuzu M, Islam M S, Kantarcioglu M. Efficient similarity search over encrypted data[C]//Data Engineering (ICDE), 2012 IEEE 28th International Conference on. IEEE, 2012: 1156-1167.
- D. Boneh and B. Waters, Conjunctive, subset, and range queries on encrypted data[C].in Proc. Of TCC’07, 2007, pp. 535–554
- Iovino V, Persiano G. Hidden-vector encryption with groups of prime order[M]//Pairing-Based Cryptography–Pairing 2008. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2008: 75-88.
- Park J H. Efficient hidden vector encryption for conjunctive queries on encrypted data[J]. Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on, 2011, 23(10): 1483-1497.
- John Bethencourt, Amit Sahai, Brent Waters. Ciphertext-Policy Attribute-Based Encryption[C]. In IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, 2007
- Blundo C, Iovino V, Persiano G. Private-key hidden vector encryption with key confidentiality[M]//Cryptology and Network Security. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2009: 259-277.
- Ming Li, Shucheng Yu, Ning Cao and Wenjing Lou. Authorized Private Keyword Search over Encrypted Data in Cloud Computing. 31st International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, 2011