International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
The development in wireless network has changes the fundamental of data communication and networking. However, the increasing data users have caused network congestion. Therefore, a good strategy of packet queuing algorithm is very important to avoid packets drop. This paper aims to propose an effective queuing scheme in wireless network environment. The implementation consider the unfairness problem for the per flow throughput in IEEE 802.11 without the modification of the MAC protocol. We simulate the enhanced packet queuing algorithm using OMNET++. The simulation shows that our algorithm achieves a better result as compared to the existing schemes in enhancing the performance of data communication .
: Wireless Networks, Congestion, Packet Queuing Algorithm, Fairness
- C. J. Bleakley and S. Dobson, “Congestion Mitigation using In-network Sensor Data Summarization,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM symposium on Performance evaluation of wireless ad hoc, sensor, and ubiquitous networks, 2012, pp. 93–100.
- A. V. S. . Cui-Qing Yang, “A taxonomy for congestion control algorithms in packet switching networks.pdf,” 1995, pp. 34–45.
- K. Karenos, V. Kalogeraki, and S. V. Krishnamurthy, “Cluster-based congestion control for sensor networks,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–39, Jan. 2008.
- P. Kong and K. Teh, “Performance of Proactive Earliest Due Date Packet Scheduling in Wireless Networks,” in IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY, 2004, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1224–1234.
- Y. Weng and C. Hou, “QoS-based Packet Scheduling in Wireless Multimedia Networks,” in Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, 2004, pp. 1945 – 1950 Vol.3.
- a. Demers, S. Keshav, and S. Shenker, “Analysis and simulation of a fair queueing algorithm,” Symposium proceedings on Communications architectures & protocols - SIGCOMM ’89, pp. 1–12, 1989.
- K. Kobayashi, C. C. Networks, P. N. Algorithms, and P. Se-, “for Multi-Queue Switches in QoS Networks,” in Competitive Buffer Management for Multi-Queue Switches in QoS Networks Using Packet Buffering Algorithms, 2009, pp. 328–336.
- Z. Zhang, S. Bronson, J. Xie, and W. Hu, “Employing the One-Sender–Multiple-Receiver Technique in Wireless LANs,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, pp. 1–1, 2012.
- S. Jagabathula and D. Shah, “Fair Scheduling in Networks Through Packet Election,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 1368–1381, Mar. 2011.
- M. Mollanoori and M. Ghaderi, “Fair and efficient scheduling in wireless networks with successive interference cancellation,” 2011 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, pp. 221–226, Mar. 2011.
- L. Karim, N. Nasser, T. Taleb, and A. Alqallaf, “An efficient priority packet scheduling algorithm for Wireless Sensor Network,” 2012 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 334–338, Jun. 2012.
- C. E. Cormen, Thomas H., “Sorting and Searching Algorithms : A Cookbook,” in in Sorting And Searching Algorithms,Introduction to Algorithms, 2nd editio., McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- K. Wakuda, S. Kasahara, Y. Takahashi, Y. Kure, and E. Itakura, “A packet scheduling algorithm for max–min fairness in multihop wireless LANs,” Computer Communications, vol. 32, no. 13–14, pp. 1437–1444, Aug. 2009.
- Y. Wang, L. Fan, D. He, and R. Tafazolli, “Performance comparison of scheduling algorithms in network mobility environment,” Computer Communications, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 1727–1738, Jun. 2008.