International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Deploying of miscellaneous mobile services in universities is very popular topic. Conducted analysis of mobile services available in world universities proves their diversity and independence between each other. There is still no experience in developing complex of mobile services based on unified technology for such type of organizations. The article reviews a structured list of mobile services based on the analysis of services currently in use as well as introduces new specific services which can be implemented only based on mobile devices management (MDM) system usage. The article contains qualitative assessment of services relevance among three focus groups (students, teachers and administrative staff). Proposed is a complex of mobile services for higher education .
: mobile services, BYOD, Mobile Device Management .
- B. Gartner IT-glossary http://www.gartner.com/it-glossary/mobile-device-management-mdm/
- Scornavacca, E.; Barnes, S. J.; Huff, S. L.: Mobile Business Research, 2000-2004: Emergence, Current Status, and Future Opportunities. In: Proceedings of European Conference of Information System (ECIS), 2005.
- Emery, S. Factors for consideration when developing a bring your own device (BYOD) strategy in higher education. Retrieved July 26, 2012 from University of Oregon: http://hdl.handle.net/1794/12254
- Alzaza N. S., Yaakub A.R. Students' awareness and requirements of mobile learning services in the higher education environment. American Journal of Economics and Business Administration 3.1 (2011): 95. Academic OneFile. Web. рр 95 – 100, 13 Oct. 2013
- Mtega W.P., Bernard R., Msungu A.C., Sanare R. Using Mobile Phones for Teaching and Learning Purposes in Higher Learning Institutions: the Case of Sokoine University of Agriculture in Tanzania. In: Proceedings and report of the 5th UbuntuNet Alliance annual conference, pp 118-129, 2012
- Giaglis GM, Kourouthanassis P, Tsamakos A. Towards a classification framework for mobile location services. In: Mennecke BE, Strader TJ (eds) Book mobile commerce: technology, theory, and applications, IGI Global, Hershey, pp 67–85, 22 Oct 2002
- Goundar S. What is the Potential Impact of Using Mobile Devices in Education? Proceedings of SIG GlobDev Fourth Annual Workshop, Shanghai, China - December 3, 2011
- Chien-Chih Yu, Hsiao-ping Chang. Multi-Dimensional Classification and Evaluation of B2E Mobile Services for The Tourism Industry. The Journal of Global Business Management Volume 42 8 * Number 1 * February 2012 pp 42-51
- West D. How Mobile Devices are Transforming Healthcare. Issues in technology innovation Number 18 may 2012
- West D., Valentini E. How Mobile Devices are Transforming Disaster Relief and Public Safety Issues in technology innovation July 2013
- Singh M, Hackney R (2011) Mobile technologies for public police force tasks and processes: a t-government perspective. In 19th European Conference on Information Systems, pp1054-1066, Helsinki, Finland.