International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This paper aims to analyze the impact of mutual interference between Long Term Evolution (LTE) and digital television (DTV) systems in adjacent channels in the 700 MHz band. During the analysis, minimum physical separation distances between the systems are determined to ensure their coexistence in this band. The interference impact is evaluated in a scenario where the DTV and LTE operate on channels 51 and 52 respectively. In order to obtain the results, this study was made using Monte Carlo simulations. Four classes of Digital Television were considered during the simulations: Special class, class A, class B and class C. The results show that the Special, A and B classes cause interference with the LTE, and the impact of such interference depends on the guard band and also the separation distance between the systems. Furthermore, the results also show that increasing the LTE bandwidth only has a greater impact if the LTE is the victim system. However, the coexistence of LTE and DTV in this band is possible once there is a minimum separation distance and an adequate guard band respected. methods .
: XML Digital Television, LTE, Digital Dividend, Adjacent Channel, Coexistence, Interference
- Goth, Greg, "Something's in the Air: Broadband Advances Depend on Wireless," Internet Computing, IEEE , vol.14, no.5, pp.7,9, Sept.- Oct. 2010.
- Young-June Choi; Shin, K.G., "Opportunistic Access of TV Spectrum Using Cognitive-Radio Enabled Cellular Networks," Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on , vol.60, no.8, pp.3853,3864, Oct. 2011.
- Fitch, M.; Nekovee, M.; Kawade, S.; Briggs, K.; MacKenzie, R., "Wireless service provision in TV white space with cognitive radio technology: A telecom operator's perspective and experience," Communications Magazine, IEEE , vol.49, no.3, pp.64,73, March 2011.
- Weidong Wang; Weidong Wang; Zhi Lv; Wei Huang; Yinghai Zhang, "Analysis of interference from digital Terrestrial Television Broadcast to LTE TDD in Digital Dividend spectrum," Network Infrastructure and Digital Content, 2010 2nd IEEE International Conference on , vol., no., pp.692,697, 24-26 Sept. 2010.
- ANATEL, Consulta pública nº 12. “Proposta de Regulamento sobre Condições de Uso de Radiofrequências, na Faixa de 698 MHz a 806 MHz,” ANATEL, Feb. 2013.
- R. Prescott, “Brazil speeds up availability of 2.5 GHz, 700 MHz bands for LTE,” RCWireless Americas, 2013.
- Wei Li; Jiadi Chen; Hang Long; Bin Wu, "Performance and Analysis on LTE System under Adjacent Channel Interference of Broadcasting System," Computer and Information Technology (CIT), 2012 IEEE 12th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.290,294, 27-29 Oct. 2012.
- Guidotti, A.; Guiducci, D.; Barbiroli, M.; Carciofi, C.; Grazioso, P.; Riva, G., "Coexistence and Mutual Interference between Mobile and Broadcasting Systems," Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), 2011 IEEE 73rd , vol., no., pp.1,5, 15-18 May 2011.
- Alencar, M. S., Digital Television. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009. 310p.
- M. das Comunicações, “Norma número 01/2010. Norma técnica para execução dos serviços de radiodifusão de sons e imagens e de retransmissão de televisão com utilização da tecnologia digital,” Ministério das Comunicações, Tech. Rep., 2010.
- Andreas Molisch, “Wireless Communications,” Wiley-IEEE Press, John Wiley and Sons Ltd., 2011, ISBN 978-0-470-74186-3, Paperback, 827 Pages.
- Motorola, “Long term evolution (LTE): A technical overview,” Motorola Inc., Tech. Rep., 2010.
- P. R. H. Balduino, “Dividendo digital,” Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Engenharia de Televisão (SET), vol. 22. Ed. 126, Maio 2012.
- In-kyoung Cho, Il-kyoo Lee and Youn-ok Park, “Study on Coexistence between Long Term Evolution and Digital Broadcasting services,” International Journal of Advanced Science and TechnologyVol. 38, January, 2012.
- Recommendation ITU-R P.1546-1. “Method for point-to-area predictions for terrestrial services in the frequency range 30 MHz to 3000 MHz,” Oct. 2009.
- European Communication Office. “Spectrum Engineering Advanced Monte Carlo Analysis Tool (SEAMCAT-4).” Oct. 2013. http://www.seamcat.org.
- European Communication Office. “SEAMCAT Manual”. http://tractool.seamcat.org/wiki/Manual
- Honglin Hu; Jian Zhang; Xiaoying Zheng; Yang Yang; Ping Wu, "Self-configuration and self-optimization for LTE networks," Communications Magazine, IEEE , vol.48, no.2, pp.94,100, February 2010
- S. Sesia, I. Toufik and M. Baker “LTE – The UMTS Long Term Evolution: From Theory to Practice,”© 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ISBN: 978-0-470-69716-0.
- 3GPP. “Overview of 3GPP Release 8 V0.3.0 (2013-12)”. http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Information/WORK_PLAN/Description_Releases/