International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Wireless network monitoring can be used to the areas like network monitoring and information forensics. However, the great packet loss rate has always been its biggest bottleneck. This paper presents an efficient method of wireless network monitoring to reduce the packet loss. This method firstly forges a pseudo wireless access point with the information of original wireless access point, and builds up an extended service set together with the original access point. Then the stations are induced to the pseudo wireless access point with deauthentication flood attack without notice. Finally, packets of stations on pseudo wireless access point are captured with almost zero packet loss. Compared with the traditional method, this method has high efficiency and a very low rate of packet loss. It improves the existing wireless network monitoring methods .
: wireless network monitoring, pseudo wireless access point, deauthentication flood attacks, data capture
- Jiantao Gu, Qun Wei, Wei Li. Design and Implementation of WLAN Monitoring and Management System [C] ICICA 2011, Part I, CCIS 243, 2011:496-C502
- Jihwang Yeo, Moustafa Youssef, Ashok Agrawala. A framework for wireless LAN monitoring and its applications [C] Proceedings of the 3rd ACM workshop on Wireless security. ACM, 2004: 70-79
- Deshpande U, Kotz D, McDonald C. Coordinated sampling to improve the efficiency of wireless network monitoring [C] Networks, 2007. ICON 2007. 15th IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2007: 353-358
- LIU Min, ZHU Zhixiang. An monitoring technique of wireless network based on Linux[J]. Journal of Xi’an University of Post and Telecommunications, 2011, 16(3): 65-68
- Fischer M J, Kern W F. System and method for monitoring performance of wireless LAN and dynamically adjusting its operating parameters: U.S. Patent 5,889,772 [P]. 1999-3-30
- Gast Matthew. 802.11 wireless networks: The definitive guide[M]. Southeast University Press, 2006
- Lynch J P, Wang Y, Loh K J, et al. Performance monitoring of the Geumdang Bridge using a dense network of high-resolution wireless sensors[J]. Smart Materials and Structures, 2006, 15(6): 1561.
- Straser E G and Kiremidjian A S 1998 A modular, wireless damage monitoring system for structures Technical Report no 128 (The John A. Blume Earthquake Engineering Center, Stanford, CA)
- Lynch J P and Loh K J 2006 A summary review of wireless sensors and sensor networks for structural health monitoring Shock Vib. Digest 38 91-12
- Spencer B F, Ruiz-Sandoval M E and Kurata N 2004 Smart sensing technology: opportunities and challenges J. Struct. Control Health Monitor. 11 349-6