International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
The information of sensors' locations is vital data for numerous requisitions in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs). The point when sensor hubs are deployed in adversary environments, the localization designs are susceptible to various attacks, e.g., wormhole, pollution, range enlargement attack, and etc. Therefore, sensors’ locations are not dependable and need to be verified before they can be used by location-predicated applications. Earlier verification schemes either need group-based deployment knowledge of the sensor field, or rely upon expensive or dedicated hardware, so they cannot be used for low-cost sensor networks. In this paper, we propose a location verification system that performs location verification against malicious attacks. The verification system proposes to verify if the locations asserted by sensors are far from their factual locations beyond a certain distance. We propose probabilistic method to calculate location assurance for each sensor. They are robust in the occurrence of malicious attacks that are commenced throughout the verification method..
: Localization, verification, on-spot, in-region, security, wireless sensor networks .
- L. Hu and D. Evans, “Using Directional Antennas to Prevent Wormhole Attacks,” Proc. 11th Network and Distributed System Security Symp., 2003.
- L. Lazos and R. Poovendran, “SeRLoc: Secure Range-Independent Localization for Wireless Sensor Networks,” Proc. ACM Workshop Wireless Security (WiSe), 2004.
- L. Lazos, R. Poovendran, and S. Capkun, “ROPE: Robust Position Estimation in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Proc. Fourth Int’l Symp. Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN ’05), 2005.
- Z. Li, W. Trappe, Y. Zhang, and B. Nath, “Robust Statistical Methods for Securing Wireless Localization in Sensor Networks,” Proc. Fourth Int’l Symp. Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN ’05), 2005.
- N. Chandran, V. Goyal, R. Moriarty, and R. Ostrovsky, “Position Based Cryptography,” Proc. Int’l Cryptology Conf. (CRYPTO ’09), pp. 391-407, 2009.