International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Presence of communication in the control loops in Networked Control Systems (NCSs) causes Delays. These delays, themselves, often cause many imperfections such packet losses, multipacket transmission, and packet disordering. Then, delays present major challenges and problems in NCSs. This paper presents an approach to compensate delay acting in Networked Control System. The technique employs Smith Predictor PI controller and Padé approximation to compensate delay in networked Control system. The model of the system and the delay are supposed being known. To implement Smith Predictor, the model is discretized and Padé approximation is used to approximate the delay. Simulation results in the Matlab /Simulink and TrueTime show the validity of the proposed method
:Networked control Systems; Network delay compensation; Smith Predictor; Padé approximation Matlab /Simulink; TrueTime
- E. C. Martins and F. G. Jota, “Design of networked control systems with explicit compensation for time-delay variations,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man ,Cybern. C, Appl. Rev., vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 308–318, May 2010 .
- R. Chandra Khamari, Model Predictive Controllers for a Networked DC Servo System , Msc. Thesis, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela ,India 2013.
- Y. Xia, M. Fu, G.-P. Liu, Analysis and Synthesis of Networked Control Systems, Springer, 2011I.
- CĂRUNTU C.F., LAZĂR C., Network-induced time-varying delay modeling for compensation through predictive control , Buletinul Institutului Politehnic din Iaşi, Secţia Automatică şi Calculatoare, 2012, LVIII (LXII), 1, 63–82.
- Ibeas A., Vilanova R., Balaguer P., Multiple-Delay Smith Predictor Based Control of LTI Systems with Bounded Uncertain Delay. Proc. 22nd IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, Singapore, 2007
- Velagic J., Design of Smith-like Predictive Controller with Communication Delay Adaptation. Proc. World Congress on Science, Engineering and Technology, 5th International Conference on Control and Automation, Paris, France, 2008.
- Căruntu C.F., Lazăr C., Stabilizing MPC for Network-Controlled Systems with an Application to DC Motors. Proc. IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics, Istanbul, Turkey, 2011.
- J. Nilsson, Real-time control systems with delays, Ph.D. dissertation, Lund Institute of Technology, 1998.
- Tipsuwan, Y.; Chow, M. “Control methodologies in networked control systems, ” J. Control Pract. 2003, 11, 1099–1111.
- A. Terry Bahill, “A simple adaptive smith predictor for controlling time-delay systems,” Control Systems Magazine, IEEE, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 16-22, 1983.
- Edward A. Kosiba, Gang Liu, Yuri B. Shtessel and Alan Zi-nober, Output tracking via sliding modes in causal system withtime delay modeled by higher order Padé approximations, Pro-cessings of the 2006 International Workshop on Variable Structure Systems, 2006, Alghero (Sardinia, Italy).
- Tipsuwan, Y., & Chow, M.-Y., Fuzzy logic microcontroller implementation for DC motor speed control. The 25th annual conference of the IEEE industrial electronics society (IECON 99), Vol. 3 (pp. 1271–1276). San Jose, CA, 1999.