International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is the United Nations specialized agency in the field of telecommunications, information and communication technologies (ICTs). The ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) is a permanent organ of ITU. ITU-T is responsible for studying technical, operating and tariff questions and issuing recommendations on them with a view to standardizing telecommunications on a worldwide basis. This paper describes objective and design goals, architecture, and energy saving for Future Network as recommended by ITU-T Y.3001, ITU-T Y.3011, and ITU-T Y.3021.
:ITU-T, ICT, Future Network, ITU-T Y.3001, ITU-T Y.3011, ITU-T Y.3021.
- D. Matsubara et al., "Towards Future Networks: A Viewpoint from ITU-T", IEEE Communication Magazine, March 2013.
- ITU-T F.851] Recommendation ITU-T F.851 (1995), Universal Personal Telecommunication (UPT) – Service description (service set 1).
- [ITU-T Y.2001] Recommendation ITU-T Y.2001 (2004), General overview of NGN.
- [ITU-T Y.2019] Recommendation (2010), Content delivery functional architecture in NGN.
- [ITU-T Y.2091] Recommendation ITU-T Y.2091 (2008), Terms and definitions for Next Generation Networks.
- [ITU-T Y.2205] Recommendation ITU-T Y.2205 (2011), Next Generation Networks –Emergency telecommunications – Technical considerations.
- [ITU-T Y.2221] Recommendation ITU-T Y.2221 (2010), Requirements for support of ubiquitous sensor network (USN) applications and services in the NGN environment.
- [ITU-T Y.2701] Recommendation ITU-T Y.2701 (2007), Security Requirements for NGN release 1.
- [ITU-T] Focus Group on Future Networks FG-FN-OD-73 (2010), Framework of Network Virtualization.
- [ITU-T Y.2011] Recommendation ITU-T Y.2011 (2012), Framework of network virtualization for future networks.
- Koponen T., Chawla M., Chun B., et al. (2007), A data-oriented (and beyond) network architecture, ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 181-192.
- Gupta, M., and Singh, S. (2003), Greening of the Internet, Proc. ACM SIG-COMM'03.
- Baliga J., et al. (2007), Photonic Switching and the Energy Bottleneck, Proc. IEEE Photonics in Switching.
- Chabarek J., et al. Power awareness in network design and routing in proc. IEEE INFOCOM'08, April 2000