International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This paper studies the performance of different Reed-Solomon (RS) error control codes. Also, it proposes using efficient data randomize tool as an interleaver and comparing it with traditional one. The presented scenarios are evaluated over wireless channel. In the computer simulation experiments the performance degrading with the different data packet length is taken in considerations. The simulation results reveal that the block codes performance can be enhanced over wireless channel using efficient interleaver. Also, the proposed interleaved RS codes perform better than the traditional ones. The complexity of block codes can be decreased with effective real switching rules between the different code rate codes according to the channel conditions. The simulation results have revealed that the proposed technique is efficient for the wireless communication system .
: Interleaved RS codes, wireless communications channels, PER, Throughput, NLP.
- D. F. Yuan, Z. W. Li, A. Sui, and J. Luo, “Performance of interleaved (2,1,7) convolutional codes in mobile image communication system,” IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Vol. 2, pp. 634–637, Chicago, USA, September 2000.
- V. Bhargava, D. Haccoun, R. Matyas and P. Nuspl, “Digital communications by satellite”, Wiley, New York, 1981.
- A. J. Viterbi, “Convolutional codes and their performance in communication systems”, IEEE Transactions On Communications Technology, Vol. COM-19, pp.751–772, 1971.
- F. Chan, and D. Haccoun, “Adaptive Viterbi decoding of convolutional codes over memoryless channels”, IEEE Transactions On Communications, Vol. 45, No. 11, pp. 1389- 1400, 1997.
- E. N. Farag and M. I. Elmasry, “Mixed signal VLSI wireless design circuits and system”, 1st Edition, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
- S. Lin and D. J. Costello, “Error control coding: fundamentals and applications”, Englewood Cliff, Prentice-Hall, 1983.
- I. S. Reed and G. Solomon, "Polynomial codes over certain finite fields", Journal of Applied Mathematics, Vol. 8, pp. 300- 304, 1960.
- M. Mohades, A. Mohades and A.Tadaion, “A Reed-Solomon code based measurement matrix with small coherence”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. PP, No. 99 2014.
- T. Kolan and R. M. Roth, “Burst list decoding of interleaved Reed–Solomon codes”, IEEE International Symposium Information Theory, pp. 81 - 85, USA, 2012.
- T. A. Shanmugasundaram and A. Nachiappan, “Reed Solomon coded NC MFSK for low power remote sensing sensor nodes” , International Conference on Innovative trends in Electronics Communication and Applications, India, 2013.
- L. Wenhui, V. Sidorenko and J. S. R. Nielsen, “On decoding interleaved chinese remainder codes”, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, pp.1052 - 1056, Istanbul, 2013.
- F. Ozbudak and O. Yayla, “Improved probabilistic decoding of interleaved Reed–Solomon codes and folded Hermitian codes”, Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 520, pp. 111–123, 2014.
- C. Senger, “The periodicity transform in algebraic decoding of Reed-Solomon codes”, 50th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, pp. 168 - 175, Monticello, 2012.
- D. Priyanka and P. R. Kumar, “Implementation of Reed-Solomon codec for IEEE 802.16 network using VHDL code”, International Conference on Optimization, Reliabilty, and Information Technology, pp. 452 - 455, India, 2014.
- D. Ismail and S. Gregory, “Multilevel interleaved Reed-Solomon codes using soft information for magnetic recording channels”, International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications, pp.147 - 151, USA, 2014.
- S. Zong, B. Lu, Y. Pan and J. Shen, “Architecture design of reconfigurable reed-solomon error correction codec”, 6th International Conference on Advanced Infocomm Technology, pp. 234 - 235, Hsinchu, 2013.
- S. Vladimir and F. Robert, “Low-complexity list decoding of Reed-Solomon coded pulse position modulation”, 9th International ITG Conference on Systems, Communication and Coding, pp. 1 - 6, Deutschland, 2013.
- S. Kumar and R. Gupta, “Bit error rate analysis of Reed -Solomon code for efficient communication system”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 30, No.12, 2011.
- S. R. B. Satish “Multiple layered Reed-Solomon codes in audio disks with a feedback system” M. Sc. Thesis, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Graduate College of The University Of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2012.
- H. A. A. Elsaid, “Design and implementation of Reed-Solomon decoder using decomposed inversion less Berlekamp-Massey algorithm”, M. Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, 2010.
- S. Galli. D. Famolari and T. Kodama, “Bluetooth channel coding considerations”, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, 2004.
- K. Plataniotis, and S. Pasupathy, “Irregular convolutional codes in multiantenna bit-interleaved coded modulation under iterative detection and decoding,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 59, No. 7, 2010.
- F. Zhai, R. Berry, T. N. Pappas and A. K. Katsaggelos, “A rate-distortion optimized error control scheme for scalable video streaming over the internet”, International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, Vol. 2, pp. 122-132, 2003