International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Plant diseases detection is essential and critical operation and can affect crop yield. Pesticides play an important role in pest control but their role is under criticism due to perceived excessive use and potentially harmful to the environment and persons. This paper intends to focus on the survey of plant disease detection using image processing and Wireless Sensor Network/Wireless Multimedia Sensor Network (WSN/WMSN) techniques in precision agriculture (PA) field. The machine vision based approach uses size, shape, texture, color and location based features to detect disease affected leaf or plant. As the development of Internet of Things (IoT) technology, the scalar sensing data and multimedia video/audio data would improve the detections and provide efficient long-term prediction in the PA application. This survey will also present a study about the current existing issues and promote an emulation based architecture that is able to combine these different emerging technologies practically.
: image processing, precision agriculture, plant disease detection, WSN/WMSN
- H. AI-Hiary, S. Bani-Ahmad, M. Reyalat, M. Braik and Z. ALRahamneh, Fast and Accurate Detection and Classification of Plant Disease, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975-8887), Volume 17-No.1, March 2011.
- Richard N. Strange and Peter R.Scott, Plant Disease: A Threat to Global Food Security. Annu. Rev. Phytopathol. 2005.43:83-116.
- Ashish Miyatra and Dulari Bosamiya, A Survey on Disease and Nutrient Deficiency Detection in Cotton Plant. November 2013. Volume: 1 Issue: 11. ISSN: 2321-8169.
- Meera, S. N. and Jhamtani, A., & Rao, D. U. M. (2004), Information and communication technology in agricultural development: A comparative analysis of three projects from India. Agren Network Paper, (135), 1-14.
- G. Abowd, A.K. Dey, P. Brown, N. Davies, M. Smith and P. Steggles, Towards a better understanding of context and context-awareness, The Workshop on The What, Who, Where, When, and How of Context-Awareness as part of the 2000 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2000), Springer, The Netherlands, 1999, pp. 304–307.
- Aqeel-ur-Rehman, Z.A. Shaikh, Smart agriculture, Application of Modern High Performance Networks, Bentham Science Publishers Ltd, 2009, pp. 120–129.
- Shi, H., Hou, K. M., Diao, X., LIU, X., Li, J. J., & de VAULX, C, A Wireless Multimedia Sensor Network Platform for Environmental Event Detection Dedicated to Precision Agriculture.
- Shital Bankar, Ajita Dube, Pranali Kada and Sunil Deokule, Plant Disease Detection Techniques Using Canny Edge Detection & Color Histogram in Image Processing. IJCSIT, Vol.5 (2). 2014, 1165-1168
- Jaime Lloret and Sandra Sendra, A Wireless Sensor Network For Vineyard Monitoring That Uses Image Processing, Sensors 2011.
- Piyush Chaudhary and Anand K.Chaudhari, Color Transform Based Approach for Disease Spot Detection on Plant Leaf, Volume 3, Issue 6, June 2012.
- Sabah Bashir and Navdeep Sharma, Remote Area Plant Disease Detection Using Image Processing, ISSN: 2278-2834 Volume 2, Issue 6 (Sep. - Oct. 2012), PP 31-34.
- Rupesh G.Mundada and Dr. V. V. Gohokar, Detection and Classification of Pests in Greenhouse Using Image Processing, Volume, Issue 6 (Mar. - Apr. 2013), PP 57-63.
- Smita Naikwadi and Niket Amoda, ADVANCES IN IMAGE PROCESSING FOR DETECTION OF PLANT DISEASES, Volume 2, Issue 11, and November 2013.
- Reddy, A. M. V., Kumar, A. P., Janakiram, D., & Kumar, G. A. (2009). Wireless sensor network operating systems: a survey. International Journal of Sensor Networks, 5(4), 236-255.
- García-Hernández, C. F., Ibarguengoytia-Gonzalez, P. H., García-Hernández, J., & Pérez-Díaz, J. A. (2007), Wireless sensor networks and applications: a survey. IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 7(3), 264-273.
- Harb, A. (2011), Energy harvesting: State-of-the-art. Renewable Energy, 36(10), 2641-2654.
- Akyildiz, I. F., & Vuran, M. C. (2010), Wireless sensor networks (Vol. 4). John Wiley & Sons.
- YU, X., WU, P., WANG, N., HAN, W., & ZHANG, Z. (2012), Survey on Wireless Sensor Networks Agricultural Environment Information Monitoring.Journal of Computational Information Systems, 8(19), 7919-7926.
- Arampatzis, T., Lygeros, J., & Manesis, S. (2005, June), A survey of applications of wireless sensors and wireless sensor networks. In Intelligent Control, 2005. Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Symposium on, Mediterrean Conference on Control and Automation (pp. 719-724). IEEE.
- Abbasi, A. Z., Islam, N., & Shaikh, Z. A. (2011), A review of wireless sensors and networks' applications in agriculture. Computer Standards & Interfaces.
- Almalkawi, I. T., Zapata, M. G., Al-Karaki, J. N., Morillo-Pozo, J., Almalkawi, I. T., Zapata, M. G., ... & Morillo-Pozo, J. (2010), Wireless multimedia sensor networks: current trends and future directions. Sensors (Basel, Switzerland),10(7), 6662.
- Dang, K., Sun, H., Chanet, J. P., Garcia-Vidal, J., Barcelo-Ordinas, J. M., Shi, H. L., & Hou, K. M. (2013), Wireless Multimedia Sensor Network for plant disease detections. In NICST'2103 New Information . Communication Science and Technology for Sustainable Development: France-China International Workshop.
- Hui, L. L. L. H. L. (2009), Greenhouse Environment Monitoring System Based on Wireless Sensor
Network. Transactions of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery, S1.