International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
The existence of heterogeneous systems in the now existing global village brings about a lot of complexity in the search and retrieval of information. However, continuous changing fields of knowledge offer a number of standard procedures and methods made possible by the up spring of technology to help users solve their queries. This research examines the application of knowledge management procedures which perform tasks in a multi agent platform to accomplish user requirements and queries. It highlights how well distributed agent systems help to solve complex problems facing people in the real world as a result of their flexibility. Multi agent systems employ domain ontology to search for pages in the internet which contain relevant information as required by different domains of interest. In the field world wide web in particular, online searching has been embraced by a huge number of people bringing the need of a smooth flowing system that facilitates online activities in a cloud environment. The paper recommends to make use of multi-agent system and ontologies in a cloud environment to enhance the performance of information retrieval .
: Information Retrieval, Cloud Computing, Ontologies, Multi-Agent System, Semantic web.
- Bailin, S.c. Truszkowski, W. (2001), negotiation between agents supporting intelligent information management, workshop on ontologies in agent systems
- Benabod, R. (2012), Maamri, R, Sahnoun, Z, semantic web service discovery based on agents and ontologies, international journal of innovation, management and technology, vol. 3
- Boss, G., Malladi, P., Quan, D., Legregni, L. & Hall, H. (2007) . Cloud Computing. IBM HiPODS Report. IBM
- Cakula, S, Salem, A. (2013), e-learning developing using ontological engineering, WSEAS transactions on information science and applications
- Calegari, S, Pasi, G. (2010), ontology based information behavior to improve web search, future internet article
- Cao, l, Bazzan, A Gorodetsky, VMitkas, P, Weiss, G (2010), agents and data mining interactions,springer, Germany
- Cherifi, H, Zain, J, El-Qawasmeh, E. (2011), digital information and communication technology and its applications: international conference, springer, London
- Dignum, Y. (2010), trends in practical applications of agents and multiagent system: 8th international conference on conferenece on practical applications of agents and multi agent systems, springer, Berlin
- Elst, L. Abecker, A. (2013), ontologies for information management: balancing formality, stability, and sharing scope
- Fensel, D. (2011), Foundations for the web of information and services: a review of 20 years of semantic web research, springer, London
- Foster, Ian, et al. "Cloud computing and grid computing 360-degree compared." Grid Computing Environments Workshop, 2008. GCE'08. Ieee, 2008.
- Foud, k, Khalifa, A, Nagdy, N, Harb, H. (2012), web-based semantic and personalized information retrieval, international journal of computer science issues, vol. 9
- Gartner (2008) Gartner Cloud computing influential Model accessed from www.gartner .com
- Gleeson, E. (2009). Computing Industry set for a shocking change, http://www.moneyweek.com/investment-advice/computing-industry-set-for-a-shocking-change-
- Gutta, A, Sajja, S. (2012), intelligent farm expert multi agent system, international journal on computer science and engineering
- Jedrzejowicz, P. (2010), Agent and multi agent systems: techmologies and applications, springer, New York
- Jennings, Nicholas R., et al. "Decentralized Data and Information Systems: Theory and Practice." The Computer Journal 53.9 (2010): 1341-1343.
- K. Rangan, A. Cooke, M. Dhruv, J. Post, N. Schindler, J. Fidacaro, W. Mohan, G. A. B. III, and J. Vleeschhouwer. The cloud wars: $100+ billion at stake. Technical report, Merrill Lynch, 2008.
- Nguyen, V. (2011), ontologies and information systems: a literature survey, Australian government department of defiance.
- Qin, J. & Paling, S. (2001). Converting a controlled vocabulary into an ontology: the case of GEM. Information Research 6(2). Retrieved August 24, 2013, from: http://informationr.net/ir/6-2/paper94.html.
- Reidsma, D., Kuper, J., Declerck, T., Saggion, H., Cunningham, H. (2003). Cross document annotation for multimedia retrieval, in 10th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL)
- Sim, K, Wong, P. (2012), toward agency and ontology for web based information retrieval
- Sheu, P, Wang, S, Hao,K. (2009), semantic computing, cloud computing, and semantic search engine, international conference of semantic computing.
- Wongthongtham, P, Chang, E, Dillion, T. (2010), ontology based multi agent systems, springer, Berlin