International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
In this paper, the main objective is to show how to obtain precise results for engineering problems by using an information systems and artificial intelligence (ISAI) technology. Two different design examples are given to explain the logic of this method. One of them is pile design for deep foundation and the other one is concrete road design. This technology uses numerical solution according to design principles in civil engineering. In intelligent solution for pile design, variable intelligent object with a dz thickness up to layers is defined with impacts coming from bridge and precise pile length and diameter is computed by using electronic interior control subsystem. Finite difference method is used in intelligent solution for concrete road design and plate is divided into small parts in this deterministic approach. One of these parts, which is named as intelligent object (IO) is solved under traffic loadings by ISAI technology. Then the plate surface is scanned by IO and precise solution for plate thickness is determined by the system. Both solutions uses electronic interior control subsystem. Different modules are written by using C++ and these modules can be used by different engineering problems if needed. In this solution method, computations take only few minutes by using computers with very low capacity. If the logic of this approach is understood well enough, it becomes too easy to solve engineering problems by using common modules for different type of designs in a short time and with a precise solution.
: Intelligent object; Information Systems and Artificial Intelligence Technology
- Khazanovich, L., Selezneva, O., Yu, H.T., Darter, M.I., “Development of Rapid Solutions for Prediction of Critical Continously Reinforced Concrete Pavement Stress”, Transportation Research Record No.1778, Design and Rehabilition of Pavements, pp. 64-72, 2001.
- Bayrak, M.B., Ceylan,H., “Neural Network-Based Approach for the Analysis of Rigid Pavement Systems Using Deflection Data”, Transportation Research Record No.2068, pp. 61-70, 2008.
- Anastasios, M.I., Don, R.A., Michael, I.H., Craig, M.D., “Application of Artificial Neural Networks to Concrete Pavement Joint Evaluation”, Transportation Research Record No.1540, pp. 56-64, 1996.
- Kasthurirangan, G., Marshall, R.T., Anshu, M., “Rapid Finite-Element Based Airport Pavement Moduli Solutions using Neural Networks”, International Journal of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 3, pp. 63-71, 2007.
- Ceylan, H., Tutumluer, E., Barenberg, E.J., “A Structural Model for the Rapid Analysis of Concrete Pavement Systems”, Mid-Continent Transportation Research Symposium, Ames, Iowa, August 2003.
- Berktay, I., “Plak Teorisi ve Uygulamaları”, Yildiz Teknik Universitesi Muh. Fak. Insaat Muh.Bolumu, Istanbul, pp. 237, 1992.
- Lee, Y.H., TKUPAV:" Stres Analysis and Thickness Design Program for Rigid Pavements", Journal of Transportation Engineering, 125, 4, pp.338-346, 1999.