International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
With the advance of cloud computing technologies, on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing resources are provided on the Internet and the users can access these resources very easily as long as they are connected to the network. For a cloud computing provider, to be able to serve a large amount of users, it is necessary to achieve high overall performance by organizing a lot of work nodes over the network. However, to manage these nodes and schedule jobs among them require tremendous efforts. In this paper, we propose a novel job scheduling algorithm which can decrease the total completion time and the average completion time, and also increase the load balancing and resource utilization.
: cloud computing; scheduling algorithm; load balancing
- Michael Armbrust, Arm ando Fox, Rean Griffith, Anthony D. Joseph, Randy katz, Andy k onwinski, Gungo Lee, David Patterson, Ariel Rabkin, Ion Stoica, Matei Zaharia, “ A View of Cloud Computing,” Communications of the ACM CACM Homepage archive, VOL.53, Issue.4, pp.50-58,April, 2010.
- Aaron Weiss, “Computing in the cloud,“ netWorker, Magazine, pp.16-25, VOL.11, Issue.4, December, 2007.
- Giles Hogben,“Cloud computing- benefits, risks and recommendations for information security,” European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA), November, 2009.
- Shirley Radack , “Cloud Computing: A Review of Features, Benefits, and Risks, and Recommendations for Secure, Efficient Implementations,” National Institute of Standards and Technology(NIST), pp.1-7, 27 June, 2012.
- Brauna, T.D., Siegelb, H.J., Beckc, N.,Bölönid L.L., Muthucumaru Maheswarane, Albert, I.R., Robertsong, J.P., Theysh, M.D., Yaoi, B., Hensgenj, D. and Freundk,R.F., “A Comparison of Eleven Static Heuristics for Mapping a Class of Independent Tasks onto Heterogeneous Distributed Computing Systems,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol. 61, Issue 6 , pp. 810-837, 2001.
- Devipriya, S., Ramesh, C.,“Improved Max-min Heuristic Model For Task Scheduling in Cloud,” International Conference on Green Computing, Communication and Conservation of Energy (ICGCE), pp.883-888, 12-14 Dec, 2013.
- Huankai Chen, Wang, F,Helian, N.,Akanmu, G.,“User-Priority Guided Min-min Scheduling Algorithm For Load Balancing in Cloud Computing” 2013 National Conference on Parallel Computing Technologies (PARCOMPTECH), pp.1-8, 21-23 Feb, 2013.
- Shu-Ching Wang, Kuo-Qin Yan, Wen-Pin Liao, Shun-Sheng Wang, “Towards a Load Balancing in a Three-level Cloud Computing Network”, Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT), 2010 3rd IEEE International Conference on, VOL.1,pp.108-113, 9-11 July, 2010