International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Cloud computing is a model where computing resources and services are available when needed, and its customers pay for their use the same way as for household utilities. When an organization adopts cloud computing it quickly becomes apparent that the traditional approach to IT service management frameworks such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) needs to be reviewed. This paper is focusing on the ITIL Service Design process and the impact of cloud computing on its sub processes implementation. Four case studies from organizations who either partially implemented or are planning to implement cloud computing have been consulted to propose enrichment to ITIL when cloud computing is adopted ..
: Cloud Computing; ITIL; IT Service Management; IT Service Design
- R. Sreekumar., and P. Prabhakara. "ITIL for Enterprise Cloud Deployment." Infos Labs Briefings 9, no. 5 (2011).
- D. Cannon. ITIL Service Strategy. The Stationery Office., 2011.
- S. Conger, M. Winniford, and L. Erickson-Harris. "Service Management in Operations." American Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS). 2008.
- A. Hochstein, G. Tamm, and W. Brenner. "Service Oriented IT Management: Benefit, Cost and Success Factors." The European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2005.
- J., Iden, and L. Langeland. "Setting the Stage for a Successful ITIL Adoption: A Delphi Study of IT Experts in the Norwegian Armed Forces." Information Systems Management 27, no. 2 (2010): 103-112.
- C. Pollard, and A. Cater-Steel, A. "Justifications, Strategies, and Critical Success Factors in Successful ITIL Implementations in US and Australian Companies: An Exploratory Study." Information Systems Management 26 (2009): 164-175.
- M. B. Al Mourad, and R Johari. "Resolution of Challenges That Are Facing Organizations before ITIL Implementation." Edited by Prof. Mohamed Othman. International Journal of Future Computer and Communication (IACSIT Press) 3, no. 3 (2014): 210-215.
- M. Nicho, and M. B. Almourad. "Success Factors for Integrated ITIL Deployment: An IT Governance Classification." Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research 14, no. 1 (2012): 25.
- M. Jansen. "Will Cloud Computing Change Standards in ITService Management?" INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTERS AND COMMUNICATIONS 1, no. 6 (2012).
- IBM Global Technology. Integrated service management and cloud computing: More than just technology best friends. White Paper, IBM Global Technology Services, 2010.
- Mell, P., and T. Grance. "The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing (800-145)." National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), 2011.
- Schuller, S. Cloud stack . 2010. http://www.saasblogs.com/images/uploads/2008/12/cloud_stack.gif.
- Armbrust, M., Fox, A., Griffith, R., Joseph, A., Katz, R., Konwinski, A., et al. "Above the clouds: A berkeley view of cloud computing." EECS Department,, University of California, Berkeley, 2009.
- Boniface, M., B. Nasser, J. Papay,, S. Phillips, S., and et al. "Platform-as-a-Service Architecture for Real-time Quality of Service Management in Cloud." Fifth International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services (ICIW). Barcelona. 2010.
- Murphy, M., Abraham, L., Fenn, M., & Goasguen, S. "Autonomic Clouds on the Grid." Journal of Grid Computing, 2009: 1-18.
- Creswell, J. W. Qualitative inquiry and research design: Choosing among five designs. CA: Sage., 1998.
- M. B. Al Mourad, and M. Hussain. The Impact of Cloud Computing on ITIL Service Strategy Processes. International Journal of Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 5, September 2014
- L. Hunnebeck. ITIL Service Design. The Stationery Office., 2011.
- L. Smith .Enterprise adoption of the public cloud hinges on liability policies. http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/total-cio/enterprise-adoption-of-the-public-cloud-hinges-on-liability-policies/ (accessed August 2010).