International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This paper continues in research of “computer as therapy” in which we have previously proposed the framework for the design, development, and use of new ways of interacting with computers for mentally challenged individuals. In this paper we continue in “computer as therapy” research aims with focus on design, development and use of application for alternative and augmentative on tablet computers for therapy purpose.
: human computer interaction, e-learning, computer as therapy, tablet computers, mentally challenged
- L. Rihova, “The possibilities of iPad application in special education”. INSPO: 10th conference on Internet and Information systems for people with specific needs, Prague, Czech Republic, March 2013.
- N. Shah, “Special Education Pupils Find Learning Tool in iPad Applications”. Education week, 30 (22), pp. 1-16, 2011.
- J. Krajíček, R. Kočí, “Computer therapy as concept of new form of therapy for intellectual disabled people: theory and practise”. Journal of Technology and Information Education. Olomouc: Palacky Univeristy, Czech Republic, Volume 6, no. 1, pp. 89-103. ISSN 1803-537X, 2014.
- J. Bradshaw, “The use of augmentative and alternative communication apps for the iPad, iPod and iPhone: an overview of recent developments”. Tizard Learning Disability Review, 18 (1), pp. 31-37, 2013.
- M. Valenta, O. Muller, Psychopedy. Parta Czech Republic. 2007.
- J. Nielsen, Usability engineering. Elsevier. 1994.
- J. Nielsen, R. Budiu, Mobile Usability. New Riders. 2013.
- O. Vejtasa, “Application for alternative communication for people with mental handicap”. Proceedings of the 20th Conference STUDENT EEICT 2014, pp. 1-5, April 2014.
- Oracle. Oracle mobile application framework (MAF) data sheet, 2014. Retrieved from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/maf/documentation/oraclemaf-datasheet-2220993.pdf