International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
The fast growth and development of the IT infrastructure in addition to the increase usage of the Internet globally has remarkably improved the capability to adopt cloud computing services. Using the cloud, it is easier, 24/7 accessible and better way to perform services than through traditional ways. Moreover, speed and simple access as well as lower costs for both clients and providers has also contributed in the growth of cloud computing. However, even with this growth, many have several concerns with cloud computing such as security. This research explores technical enablers for cloud computing adoption that can contribute to analyze organization’s existing or future cloud initiative .
: Teachnical enablers; cloud computing; Capacity; Virtualization
- E. Hand, Head in the clouds. New Jersey: Nature publication, 2007.
- J. Staten, T. Schadler, J. R. Rymer, and C. Wang (2009, August 14). Q&A: By 2011, CIOs Must Answer The Question, "Why Not Run In The Cloud?". (S. Leaver, & A. Viglianti, Interviewers)
- Anu. Gupta (2010), Cloud Computing Growing Interest and Related Concerns, 20IO 2nd International Conference on Computer Technology and Development (ICCTD 2010), pp.462-465.
- Sasikala P. and Chaturvedi Makhanlal : “Cloud Computing in Higher Education: Opportunities and Issues,” International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing, Vol. 1, Issue 2, April-June 2011, pp. 1-13.
- Allied Market Research. 2014. Global Cloud Services Market (Service Type, Cloud Type, Application and Geography) - Size, Share, Global Trends, Company Profiles, Demand, Insights, Analysis, Research, Report, Opportunities, Segmentation and Forecast, 2013 – 2020 [Online]. Available at: http://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/cloud-services-market.
- R. Buyya et al., “Cloud computing and emerging IT platforms: Vision, hype, and reality for delivering computing as the 5th utility,” Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol. 25, 2009, pp. 599-616.
- Mina Sedaghat, Francisco Hernandez, Erik Elmroth, “Unifying Cloud Management: Towards Overall Governance of Business Level Objectives,” In Proceedings of the 11th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2011), USA, 591-597, 2011.
- A. V. Parameswaran and A. Chaddha, "Cloud Interoperability and Standardization," Cloud Computing Infosys, vol. 7, 2009, pp. 19-26.
- A. V. Dastjerdi and R. Buyya, “Compatibility-Aware Cloud Service Composition under Fuzzy Preferences of Users,” IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, Vol. 2, No. 1, January-March 2014, pp 1-13.
- R. Li et al, ”Efficient multi-keyword ranked query over encrypted data in cloud computing,” Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol. 30, 2014, 179–190.
- L. Morgan and K. Conboy, ”Key Factors Impacting Cloud Computing Adoption,” Computer, Vol. 46, Issue 10, 2013, pp. 97-99.