International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Organizations depend heavily on information systems and their outputs to achieve organizational goals and facilitate main business processes. Quality of system’s outputs “information quality” is considered an important ingredient of information system’s outputs as it determines the degree to which information is used in organizations. This drives management attention towards improving information systems’ quality and output quality of the systems. Information quality, provided by an information system, is a very important factor in leading people to believe in the usefulness of that information system. Quality of the system itself is also a critical factor that determines the level of information quality and system features that consequently affect the system utilization and benefits gained by the system users. This study thus focuses on user perspectives and how users perceive the characteristics of information quality. The study aims at providing a more incorporative framework and measurements to both system quality and information quality of information systems. It also aims at measuring the perceived impact of both systems quality and information quality on user evaluation and performance. Consisting with previous studies, the study provides some useful conclusions that can be used by managers to structure their information system strategies to best benefit their organizations. The study gained evidence supporting strong relationships between information quality and systems quality, and user evaluation of the information systems. The results indicated that information quality and systems quality are significant determinants of utilization and usefulness, obtained when using information systems .
: Information systems, system quality, user evaluation, information quality
- Gorla, N., Somers, T., & Wong (2010). Organizational impact of system quality, information quality, and service quality, The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 19(3), 207-228.
- DeLone, W., & McLean, E. (2003). The DeLone McLean model of information system success: a ten-year update. Journal of Management Information Systems, 19(4), 3-9.
- Pitt, L., R, W., & Kavan , C. (1995). Service Quality: A Measure of Information Systems Effectiveness. MIS Quarterly, 6(173-187).
- Slone, J. (2006). Information quality strategy: An empirical investigation of the relationship between information quality improvements and organizational outcomes. Capella University, Capella
- Besik, S. (2006). Measuring Information Quality. Unpublished PhD thesis, university of Illinois, Urbana.
- Wang, R., & Strong, D. (1996). Beyond accuracy: what data quality means to data consumers. Journal of Management Information Systems 12(4), 5-34.
- Bailey, J., & Pearson, S. (1983). Development of a Tool for Measuring and Analyzing Computer User Satisfaction. Management Science, 29(5), 530-545.
- Najjar, L. (2002). The Impact of Information Quality on Service Quality in The Banking Industry Unpublished PhD, University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
- Huang, K., Lee, Y., & Wang, R. (1999). Quality Information and Knowledge. Upper Saddle River NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Miller, H. (2007). The multiple Dimensions of Information Quality, article Retrieved on 10 Oct 2007 from: http://www.muhlenberg.edu
- Alka, V. (2001). Information Quality Perceptions. Unpublished PhD, Washington State University, Washington.
- Bovee, M. (2004). Information Quality: A Conceptual framework and Empirical Validation. Unpublished PhD Dissertation, University of Kansas, Kansas.
- Wu, J., & Wang, W. (2006). Measuring KMS success: A Respecification of the DeLone and McLean's model. Information & Management, 43(6), 728-739.
- Solomon, N., Terry, R., & Magid, I. (2003). Quality and Effectiveness in Web based customer Support Systems, Information and Management, 40, 757-768.
- Alloway, R. (2007). Defining Success for Data Processing: A Practical Approach to Strategic Planning for the DP Department Retrieved on 20 June from http// business.clemson.edu . 2007
- Floropoulos, J., Spathis, C., Halvatzis, D., & Tsipouridou, M. (2010). Measuring the success of the Greek Taxation Information System. International Journal of Information Management, 30(1), 47-56.
- Calisir, F., & Calisir, F. (2004). The relation of interface usability characteristics, perceived usefulness and perceived ease of use to end -user satisfaction with enterprise resource planning systems. Computer in Human Behavior 20(505-515).