International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This paper describes an energy monitoring and management technology using IEEE 802.15.4g Smart Utility Network and mobile devices for energy conservation. To transfer the power and energy data, Smart Utility Network is used between a smart plug and an energy management system. The system collects and manages energy consumption data, and a mobile device displays the power and energy data and provides user interfaces to control electric devices. A user can easily monitor, manage, and control energy consumption and achieve energy cost saving using the proposed scheme .
: energy; SUN; monitor; manage; smart; green .
- Hyunjeong Lee, Youn-Kwae Jeong, Il-Woo Lee, Sang Ho Lee, “A Service Framework for Building Energy Management Technology,” 2012 International Conference on Convergence Technology, pp.311-314, China, July 2012.
- Korea Energy Economics Institute, Yearbook of Energy Statistics, vol. 31, Dec.2012.
- Jinsoo Han, Chang-Sic Choi, Wan-Ki Park, Ilwoo Lee, and Sang-Ha Kim, “Smart Energy Management System Including Renewable Energy Based on ZigBee and PLC,” Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), Jan. 2014.
- Changwan Kim, Seungsik Lee, and Sangsung Choi, “A 900 MHz Zero-IF RF Transceiver for IEEE 802.15.4g SUN OFDM Systems,” ETRI Journal, vol.36, no. 3, pp. 352-360, Jun. 2014.
- Dae-Man Han and Jae-Hyun Lim, “Smart Energy Management System using IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 56, no. 3, pp.1403-1410, Aug. 2010.
- Hyunjeong Lee, Wan-Ki Park, and Ilwoo Lee, “Energy Management Services based on Energy Grid Technology,” Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology (ICACT), vol. 16, no. 1, Feb. 2014.
- Zhuang Zhao, Won Cheol Lee, Yoan Shin, and Kyung-Bin Song, “An Optimal Power Scheduling Method Applied in Home Energy Management System Based on Demand Response,” ETRI Journal, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 677-686, Aug. 2013
- H.Y. Kim, J.S. Jeong, W.S. Cha, G.S. Shin, and S.T. Kim, “Technical Trends of AMI and HEMS for Smart Grid Implementation,” 2013 Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 11-19, April 2013.
- L. Peretto, “The Role of Measurements in the Smart Grid Era,” IEEE Instrum. Meas. Mag., vol. 13, no. 3, June 2010, pp. 22-25.
- T.-K. Nguyen et al., “Low-Power Direct Conversion Transceiver for 915 MHz Band IEEE 802.15.4b Standard Based on 0.18m CMOS Technology,” ETRI J., vol. 30, no. 1, Feb. 2008, pp. 33–46.
- Kuor-Hsin Chang and Bob Mason, “The IEEE 802.15.4g Standard for Smart Metering Utility Networks,” ” Proceedings of the IEEE SmartGridComm 2012 Symposium, pp. 476-480, Nov. 2012.
- Cisco Communities, IEEE 802.15.4g Smart Utility Networks (SUN) Overview, Mar. 2014.
- IEEE Std 802.15.4gTM-2012, Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs), Mar. 2012