International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
The Mobile Adhoc Network ( MANET) is not only limited to the temporary rescue operations rather it has been conceptualized to be adopted into many civil society comfort and safety applications. The self-configurability of MANET’s node is the root cause of vulnerability and security threats, thus there is a need of light weight protocols which can ensure optimal Quality of Service (QoS) in secure way of routing. This paper projects a model of such secure routing in MANET called DTASR i.e. Dual Threshold-based Authentication for Secure Routing accentuating upon a resource-based threshold scheme as well as trust-based authentication scheme to ensure higher degree of resiliency against adversaries. The proposed illustrates an enhanced ability of communication performance when compared to conventional secure routing schemes .
: Mobile Adhoc Network, Secure Routing, Authentication, Trust, Resource
- M. Jin, Z. Du,“Management Innovation and Information Technology, WIT Press, 12-Jun-2014
- S. K. Sarkar, Wireless Sensor and Ad Hoc Networks Under Diversified Network Scenarios, Artech House, 2012
- J. Loo, J. L. Mauri, J. H. Ortiz, Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: Current Status and Future Trends, CRC Press, 2012
- J. Kennington, E. Olinick, D. Rajan, Wireless Network Design: Optimization Models and Solution Procedures, Springer Science & Business Media,2010
- Amine, Abdelmalek, Network Security Technologies: Design and Applications: Design and Applications, IGI Global, 2013
- A. K. Pathan, M. M. Monowar, Z. M. Fadlullah, Building Next-Generation Converged Networks: Theory and Practice, CRC Press, 2013
- A. K. Pathan, Security of Self-Organizing Networks: MANET, WSN, WMN, VANET, CRC Press, 2010
- B. U. Islam Khan, R. F. Olanrewaju, M. H. Habaebi, “Malicious Behaviour of Node and its Significant Security Techniques in MANET-A Review”, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, vol.7, Iss.12, pp.286-293, 2013
- B. U. Islam Khan, R. F. Olanrewaju, R. N. Mir, B. W. Adebayo, “Behaviour Visualization for MaliciousAttacker Node Collusion in MANET Based on Probabilistic Approach”, American Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, vol.2, Iss,3, pp.10-19, 2015
- M. Marimuthu, and K. Ilango, "Enhanced OLSR for defense against DOS attack in ad hoc networks", in Journla Communications and Networks, vol.15, no.1, pp.31-37, Feb 2013.
- R. Venkataraman, and M. Pushpalatha, T.R.Rao, "Regression-based trust model for mobile ad hoc networks," in Information Security, IET , vol.6, no.3, pp.131-140, Sept 2012.
- X. Lv, H. Li, "Secure group communication with both confidentiality and non-repudiation for mobile ad-hoc networks," in Information Security, IET , vol.7, no.2, pp.61-66, June 2013.
- P. Zhang, C. Lin, Y. Jiang, Y. Fan, X. Shen, "A Lightweight Encryption Scheme for Network-Coded Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol.25, no.9, pp.2211-2221, Sept 2014.
- S. Zhao, A. Aggarwal, R. Frost, X. Bai, "A Survey of Applications of Identity-Based Cryptography in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks", in IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol.14, no.2, pp.380-400, 2012.
- J. Dhanapal, S.K. Srivatsa, "Link quality-based cache replacement technique in mobile ad hoc network”, in Information Security, IET , vol.7, no.4, pp.277-282, December 2013.
- C. Xi, S.Liang, M. Jianfeng, M. Zhuo, "A trust management scheme based on behavior feedback for opportunistic networks," in Communications, China, vol.12, no.4, pp.117-129, April 2015.