International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This article focuses on the lack of the centralization and the sharing of Digital Educational Resources (DER), in particular those in Arabic language, between higher education institutions intra- and inter-Arab countries. Also, it targets the sharing and reusing of these resources on a large scale at the regional or the international levels. Thus, a solution is proposed that aims at generalizing the standard practices of description and referencing of DER and to regroup them into a single repository. For that purpose, we will describe our contribution to the Moroccan application profile of the LOM, called (SupLOMMA)..
: Digital educational resources; referencing, metadata; LOM; application profile; interoperability.
- J.C. MAURIN and T. MELONIO, "Training and employment in Morocco, the current situation and recommendations", AFD working paper N°16, september 2011, [online]:
http://www.afd.fr/webdav/site/afd/shared/PUBLICATIONS/RECHERCHE/Scientifiques/Documents-de-travail/116-document-travail.pdf (Accessed: 9 February 2015). (Official language is French).
- F. M. Hollands and D. Tirthali, “MOOCs: Expectations and reality,” Cent. Benefit-Cost Stud. Educ. Teach. Coll. Columbia Univ. N. Y. NY, 2014.
- J. Daniel, “Making Sense of MOOCs: Musings in a Maze of Myth, Paradox and Possibility,” J. Interact. Media Educ., vol. 2012, no. 3, p. 18, Dec. 2012
- M. Ouzarf, “the facts and challenges of moroccan digital university - Regionalization and Local Development. ICT in local communities and territorial and socio-economic stakes.”[Online]. Available: http://devlocal.over-blog.com/pages/l-universite-numerique-marocaine-faits-et-defis-2811661.html. [Accessed: 10 February 2015]. (Official language is French).
- Arab States Research and Education Network (ASREN).[Online]. Available: http://asrenorg.net/index.php. [Accessed: 12 February 2015].
- R. Zghibi, “Virtual University of Tunis: the need for a standardized indexing model of learning objects reservoirs” Rev. Maghrébine Doc., no. 17, pp. 123–147, 2007.
- R. Zghibi, S. Zghidi, and O. Chater, “E-Learning norms such as guarantor of distance learning in the Tunisian educational context: the case of TVU” Frantice Net, 2012.
- H. Slimani, N. Faddouli, M. Khalidi Idrissi, and S. Bennani, “Sharing the digital pedagogical resources among institutions of higher education in Morocco,” in Information Science and Technology (CIST), 2014 Third IEEE International Colloquium in, 2014, pp. 266–271.
- World Open Educational Resources (OER) congress UNESCO, Paris, June-20-22, 2012. Paris OER Declaration. [Online]. Available:
http://www.unesco.org/new/fileadmin/MULTIMEDIA/HQ/CI/WPFD2009/English_Declaration.html. [Accessed: 15 February 2015].
- H. Slimani, N. Faddouli, M. Khalidi Idrissi, and S. Bennani, “The indexing of digital resources and quality assurance in a repository based on the Open Archives Initiative (OAI)” in Wotic13 Fez Morocco, December 26th 2013, The Fifth Workshop on Information Technologies and Communication.
- Academic ranking of word universities, [Online] 2014. Available: http://www.shanghairanking.com/. [Accessed: 20 February 2015].
- M. Mediouni, “Toward a new tunisian education system.”Indo-African Journal of Educational Research, 2014, 2(4): 15-17, ISSN:2308-2100
- Réseau francophone de ressources éducatives réutilisables (REFRER), [Online]. Available: http://www.refrer.licef.ca/ [Accessed: 09 March 2015]. (Official language is French).
- L. E. Anido-Rifón, M. J. Fernández-Iglesias, M. Caeiro-Rodríguez, J. M. Santos-Gago, M. Llamas-Nistal, L. Álvarez Sabucedo, and R. Míguez Pérez, “Standardization in computer-based education,” Comput. Stand. Interfaces, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 604–625, Mar. 2014.
- Dublin core metadata initiative, [Online]. Available: http://dublincore.org [Accessed: 15 March 2015].
- B. De La Passardière, M. Grandbastien, and others, “Présentation de LOM v1. 0, standard IEEE,” Rev. Sci. Tech. Éducatives, pp. 211–218, 2003.
- IEEE Standards Association, LOM specification, Learning Object Metadata,[Online]. Available:
http://ltsc.ieee.org/wg12/index.html [Accessed:20March 2015].
- P.J. Guay, “Application profile Normetic 1.2” , Quebec working group on IT standards and norms for learning, education and training, [Online]. Available: http://www.normetic.org/IMG/pdf_Profil_Normetic_1.2_officiel.pdf [Accessed: 25 March 2015].
- G. Gauthier, “Semantic Web and metadata - International Norm ISO / IEC 19788 Metadata for Learning Resources (MLR)”, CMD, GNT- Quebec, November 2th 2012, [Online]Available:https://www.milieuxdoc.ca/cm2s_content/_milieux-documentaire/document/milieux-documentaires-1355504552-Atelier-31-Web-s-mantique-et-m-tadonn-es.pdf [Accessed: 07-Apr-2015]. (Official language is French).
- ISO-MLR ISO-IEC 19788 Information technoogy – Learning, education and training – Metatda for learning resources multipart standard. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. 28-Nov-2014, [Online] Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_19788 [Accessed: 11-Apr-2015].
- ISO (2011). ISO/IEC 19788-1: Information technology – Learning, education and training – Metadata for learning resources – Part 1: Framework. 15-01-2011, 55p.
- E. Duval, W. Hodgins, S. Sutton, and S. L. Weibel, “Metadata principles and practicalities,” -Lib Mag., vol. 8, no. 4, p. 16, 2002.
- B. De La Passardière and P. Jarraud, “ManUeL, un profil d’application de LOM pour C@ mpuSciences,” Sci. Technol. Inf. Commun. Pour Educ. Form., vol. 11, pp. 11–57, 2004.
- Eduscol national portal of Professionals Education, The French application profile of the LOM, [Online]. Available: http://eduscol.education.fr/cdi/anim/reunion-des-interlocuteurs-academiques/reunions/reunion-2007/lom-fr [Accessed: 30 March 2015].
- J. Bossi, “ Information and Communications Technology and health data: for a legal framework in line with technological progress and the needs of the health system,” Stat. Société, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 33–41, 2014. (Official language is French).
- Q4R, Quality for Reuse, Quality Assurance Strategies and Best Practices for LO Repositories, [Online] . Available: http://www.q4r.org/Q4RBestPractices/Q4RWorkflowModels/tabid/103/language/en-US/language/fr-FR/Default.aspx [Accessed: 02-Apr-2015].
- OAI-PMH –“ Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting”. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.24-Mar-2015, [Online] Available : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_19788 [Accessed: 03-Apr-2015].
- T. Berners-Lee, J. Hendler, O. Lassila, and others, “The semantic web,” Sci. Am., vol. 284, no. 5, pp. 28–37, 2001.
- O. Seye, C. Faron-Zucker, O. Corby, and A. Gaignard, “Publication, partage et réutilisation de règles sur le Web de données,” in IC-25èmes Journées francophones d’Ingénierie des Connaissances, 2014, pp. 237–248.
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), [Online] . Available: http://www.w3.org/ [Accessed: 29 March 2015].
- P. Maillot, T. Raimbault, D. Genest, and S. Loiseau, “ Overview of Research Results: to contact effectively a set of RDF bases,” Doc. Numér., vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 9–32, 2014.
- G. Klyne and J. J. Carroll, “Resource description framework (RDF): Concepts and abstract syntax,” 2006.
- G. Paquette and A. Miara, “Managing Open Educational Resources on the Web of Data,” Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. IJACSA, vol. 5, no. 8, 2014
- D. Brickley and R. V. Guha, “RDF Vocabulary Description Language 1.0 : RDF Schema” 2004. [Online] . Available: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/ [Accessed: 05-Apr-2015].
- M. Dean, G. Schreiber, S. Bechhofer, F. van Harmelen, J. Hendler, I. Horrocks, D. L. McGuinness, P. F. Patel-Schneider, and L. A. Stein, “OWL web ontology language reference,” W3C Recomm. Febr., vol. 10, 2004.
- World Wide Web Consortium, “SPARQL 1.1 Query Language, W3C Recommendation” 21 March 2013. [Online] . Available: http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/ [Accessed: 07-Apr-2015].