International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
The goal of this study is to improve education for security literacy in university by developing sustainable framework. This paper deals with an on-line e-learning activity applied our contents from 2011 to 2015. The elearning we have developed is multilingual, based on common security guideline in Japan, and took sustainability into consideration. Additionally, a kind animation character, "Princess Rin Rin" and "Chu-kichi" help us. "GakuNin'' authentication federation-enabled CMS "GakuNinMoodle" was used for deployment the eleaning toward nationwide universities. As a result, GakuNinMoodle and the contens, "Learn with Princess Rin Rin: Cyberethics'' was successfully deployed to 102 institutes. In addition, it was found that a way to improve a performance of CMS under the situation of massive access and downloading learning log. In conclusion, our activity have sufficient feature to improve e-learning on security literacy in Japan.
: e-learning; security literacy; moodle; authentication federation
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, "A Survey on the Use of ICT in Higher Education", 2014. [Online]. Available: http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/koutou/itaku/1347642.htm. [Accessed: 20- Jan- 2016].
- Nishimura, K.; Ohigashi, T.; Iwasawa, K.; Sumiya, T.;Inagaki, T.; Nakamura, A.; Miyauchi, Y.; Mito, S. & Aibara R. "An Implementation of Information Security and Compliance Course in Hiroshima University", IPSJ SIG Technical Reports（IOT）, vol. 2012, no. 2, pp. 1-6, 2012.
- T. Yamanoue, I. Fuse, S. Okabe, A. Nakamura, M. Nakanishi, S. Fukada, T. Tagawa, T. Takeo, I. Murata, T. Uehara, T. Yamada and H. Ueda, "Computer Ethics Video Clips for University Students in Japan from 2003 until 2013", 2014 IEEE 38th International Computer Software and Applications Conference Workshops, 2014.
- National Institute of Informatics, "Hikari and Tsubasa’s Information Security Three Choice Class", 2005. [Online]. Available: http://www.nii.ac.jp/service/portal/hikatsuba/. [Accessed: 20Jan- 2016].
- M. Kawakami, H. Yasuda and R. Sasaki, "Development of an E-learning Content-Making System for Information Security (ELSEC) and its Application to Anti-phishing Education", 2010 International Conference on e-Education, e-Business, e-Management and eLearning, 2010.
- S. Sheng, B. Magnien, P. Kumaraguru, A. Acquisti, L. Cranor, J. Hong and E. Nunge, "AntiPhishing Phil", Proceedings of the 3rd symposium on Usable privacy and security - SOUPS '07, 2007.
- Information-technology Promotion Agency, Japan, "e-Learning Contents for Evaluation and Certification on Information Security", 2016. [Online]. Available: https://www.ipa.go.jp/security/fy19/development/e_Learning_CC/. [Accessed: 20- Jan- 2016].
- Independent Administrative Institution Japan Student Services Organization, "International Students in Japan 2014", 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.jasso.go.jp/en/about/statistics/intl_student/data2014.html. [Accessed: 20- Jan- 2016].
- National Institute of Informatics, "The Sample Policies for Information Security Measures for Institutions of Higher Education", 2015. [Online]. Available: http://www.nii.ac.jp/csi/sp/. [Accessed: 20- Jan- 2016].
- ADL Net, "SCORM", 2015. [Online]. Available: http://adlnet.gov/adl-research/scorm/. [Accessed: 20- Jan- 2016].
- Moodle.org, "Moodle - Open-source learning platform | Moodle.org", 2016. [Online]. Available: https://moodle.org/. [Accessed: 20- Jan- 2016].
- Shibboleth.net, "Shibboleth", 2016. [Online]. Available: https://shibboleth.net/. [Accessed: 25Jan- 2016].