International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
A human pose recognition method using three dimensional point cloud is proposed in this paper. The method employs both point cloud registration and point matching. In the method, a simple iterative closest point algorithm for the registration is employed to solve time consuming problem, and a variation of Hausdorff distance performs robust point matching .
: human pose recognition; three dimensional point cloud; point matching; hausdorff distance; iterative closest point algorithm
- D.-Y. Chen, X.-P. Tian, Y.-T. Shen, and M. Ouhyoung, “On visual similarity based 3d model retrieval,” in proc. of EUROGRAPHICS 2003, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 223–232, 2003.
- Z. Lian, A. Godil, X. Sun, and J. Xiao, "CM-BOF: visual similarity-based 3D shape retrieval using clock matching and bag-of-features," Machine Vision and Applications, vol.24, pp.1685–1704, 2013.
- M. Dantone, J. Gall, C. Leistner, and L. V. Gool, "Human pose estimation using body parts dependent joint regressors ," in proc. of 2013 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp.3041-3048, 2013.
- S. M. Prakhya, B. Liu, W. Lin, and U. Qayyum, "Sparse depth odometry: 3d keypoint based pose estimation from dense depth data," in proc. of 2015 IEEE Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp.4216-4223, 2015.
- A. Aldoma, F. Tombari, R. B. Rusu, and M. Vincze, "OUR-CVFH - oriented, unique and repeatable clustered viewpoint feature histogram for object recognition and 6dof pose estimation," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol.7476, pp.113-122, 2012.
- Z. Zhang, Y Liu, A Li, and M Wang, "A novel method for user-defined human posture recognition using Kinect," in proc. of 7th International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, pp.736740, 2014.
- M. Torabi, S. M. Mousavi, and G. D. Younesian, "A new methodology in fast and accurate matching of the 2D and 3D point clouds extracted by laser scanner systems," Optics & Laser Technology, vol.66, pp.28-34, 2015.
- M.-P. Dubuisson, and A. K. Jain, "A modified Hausdorff distance for object matching," in proc. of the 12th IAPR International Conference on Pattern Recognition, vol.1, pp.566-568, 1994. C. F. Olson, "Mobile robot self-localization by iconic matching of range maps," in proc. of 8th International Conference on Advanced Robotics, pp.447-452,1997.