International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Recently, the expectations of customers are to reduce the cost of electricity and to use quality and reliable electric energy. In this regard, renewable energy resources are the center of attraction in many respects. The integration of distributed generation (DG) plants which include some of the renewable energy resources such as solar power and wind power increases day by day. If the coordination issue of DG plants with distribution networks isn’t analysed correctly, these integrations can negatively affect the power quality of electric energy. The short-circuit analysis is one of the integration and coordination analyses. The short-circuit contribution of DG plants should be analysed and necessary protection measures should be taken. Impedance values are important parameter for short-circuit. Therefore, impedances of network equipments should be known to calculate correctly the shortcircuit current. In this paper, electrical system of Selçuk University Medical Faculty was modeled by using the commercial software PSCAD/EMTDC. 1 MW Photovoltaic (PV) power plant was used as a DG plant. The symmetrical and asymmetrical short-circuit analyses were mathematically calculated and simulated. The positive, negative and zero impedance values of the network were estimated by using Genetic Algorithm (GA). Obtained results were compared with each other. The impact of PV power plant on short circuit level was analyzed .
: Renewable energy, distributed generation, photovoltaic power plant, short-circuit, zero sequence, genetic algorithm .
- van Werven, M. J. N. and Scheepers, M. J. J. 2005 The Changing Role of Energy Suppliers and Distribution System Operators in the Deployment of Distributed Generation in Liberalised Electricity Markets. Technical Report. Energy research Centre of the Netherlands.
- Barker, P. P. and de Mello, R. W. 2000 Determining the Impact of Distributed Generation on Power Systems: Part 1 - Radial Distribution Systems. Power Engineering Society Summer Meeting. 1645-1656.
- Dondi, P., Bayoumi, D., Haederli, C., Julian, D., Suter, M. 2002 Network integration of distributed power generation. Journal of Power Sources. 1-9
- Faulkenberry, L.M. and Coffer, W. 1996 Electrical Power Distribution and Transmission, Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Anderson, P.M. 1995 Analysis of Faulted Power Systems. IEEE Press.
- Akbal, B. and Ürkmez, A. 2013 The parallel resonance impedance detection method for parameter estimation of power line and transformer by using CSA, GA, and PSO. Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences.
- Akbal, B. and Ürkmez, A. 2013 PSO and Inertia Weight to Determine Parallel Resonance Power in Electrical Networks. International Conference on Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence. 1 – 6.
- Elgerd, O.I. 1982 Electric Energy Systems Theory : An Introduction. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill Book Company.
- Stevenson, W.D. 1982 Elements of Power System Analysis. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Book Company.
- IEC 60909-0. 2001 Short-circuit Currents in Three-phase A.C. systems - Part 0: Calculation of Currents.
- Akbal, B. and Ürkmez, A. 2013 Genetic Algorithm to Solve Electrical Network Problems. International Conference on Electronics, Computer and Computation. 235-238.
- Akbal, B. and Aydın, M. 2015 Multilevel Thresholding and Artificial Intelligence Methods to Detect the Thickness of Iced Conductor in Ambient Conditions. DOI: 10.3906/elk-1410-96
- Boutsika, T. N. and Papathanassiou, S. A. 2007 Shortcircuit calculations in networks with distributed generation. Electric Power Systems Research 78 (2008) 1181–1191
- Katiraei, F., Holbach, J., Chang, T., Johnson, W., Wills, D., Young, B., Marti, L., Yan, A., Baroutis, P., Thompson, G. and Rajda, J. 2012 Investigation of Solar PV Inverters Current Contributions during Faults on Distribution and Transmission Systems Interruption Capacity. Western Protective Relay Conference.