International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
All forms of interconnection include connecting networks in order to provide communication between end-users of different networks and access to services provided by another operator. Interconnection is also applied for providing services that are not feasible without the interconnection, increasing operator's profitability. In order to test the basic hypothesis how various methods of dynamic traffic routing can affect the performance of telecommunications network with several interconnected telecommunications operators, we have developed software for routing and interconnection. In this paper, we present detailed description of that developed software.
interconnection, routing, cost-based, bill-andkeep
- M. Armstrong, Network Interconnections in Telecommunications, Economic Journal, Vol. 108, pp. 545-564 (1998)
- ITU-D Question 6-1/, Report on Interconnection (2006), available at: http://www.itu.int/publ/D-STG-SG01.06.1-2006
- M Dodd, A. Jung, B. Mitchell, P. Paterson, P. Reynolds, "Bill-and-keep and the Economics of Interconnection in Next Generation Networks", Telecommunications Policy, Vol 33, 2009, pp. 324–337
- A. Kostic-Ljubisavljevic, V. Radonjic, V. Acimovic-Raspopovic, V. Radojicic, “Review of Some Interconnection Charging Models“, Proceedings of XLVI International Scientific Conference On Information, Communication And Energy Systems And Technologies, ICEST 2011, Serbia, Niš, June 29-July 1, 2011, vol 1, pp. 81-84. ISBN: 978-86-6125-031-6
- Study on the Future of Interconnection Charging Methods, European Commission, Ref. 2009-70-MR-EC-Future of Interconnection Charging Methods (2010), available at: http://www.teraconsultants.fr/assets/publications/PDF/2009-70-MR-draft-final-study%28consult%29.pdf
- A. Kostic-Ljubisavljevic, S. Mladenovic, V. Acimovic-Raspopovic, A. Samcovic, "The Analysys of Network Performance with Different Routing and Interconnection Methods", Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Number 2, February 2011, pp. 43-46.
- A. Kostic-Ljubisavljevic, V. Radonjic, S. Mladenovic, V. Acimovic- Raspopovic, "An Application of Game Theory for the Selection of Traffic Routing Method in Interconnected NGN", Springer CCIS: ICDIPC2011, Part II, vol. 189, V. Snasel, J. Platos, and E. El-Qawasmeh Eds, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011, pp.107-122.
- B. Boehm, A Spiral Model of Software Development and Enhancement, ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 14-24, DOI = http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/12944.12948,1986.
- V. B. Iversen, Teletraffic Engineering and Network Planning, available at: http://oldwww.com .dtu.dk/teletraffic/handbook/ telenook.pdf
- G. R. Ash, Dynamic Routing in Telecommunication Networks, McGraw’Hill, New York, 1998.
- [D. Medhi, K. Ramasamy, Network Routing: Algorithms, Protocols, and Architectures, Morgan Kaufmann is an imprint of Elsevier, 2007.)
- M. Pioro, D. Medhi, Routing, Flow, and Capacity Design in Communication and Computer Networks, Elsevier, 2004.
- R. Puzmanová, Routing and Switching, Time of Convergence?, Adison Wesley, 2002.
- A. Kostic-Ljubisavljevic, V. Radonjic, S. Mladenovic, V. Acimovic- Raspopovic and M. Stojanovic, "Load Balance Routing for Interconnected Next Generation Networks Performances Improvement", 34th International Coference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing – TSP, Budapest, Hungary, August 2011, pp. 42-46.
- IEEE Standard 1012-2004 for Software Verification and Validation, available at: http://standards.ieee.org/findstds/ standard/1012-2004.html