International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Optical link design is one of the most important jobs that engineers of telecommunications traffic are trained to. In the course Optical Communication Systems students are, among others, trained to design an optical link. In this paper the outline of university course improvement is shown. In order to provide students adequate knowledge we have improved this course by implementing semi practical teaching methodology. In addition we have developed training software.
Optical link design CWDM, DWDM, training software
- M. Bass, et al, Eds. Handbook of Optics, Vol. V, McGraw Hill, 2010.
- A. Carranza and C. DeCusatis, Modeling of Wavelength Multiplexing Networks for High Reliability Optical Data Communication. Proceedings of Lightwave Technologies in Instrumentation & Measurement Conference, New York, USA, October 2004. pp. 34-39.
- C. DeCusatis, Editor, Fiber Optic Data Communication Technological Trends and Advances, Academic Press, 2002.
- A. Gumaste and T. Antony, A DWDM Network Designs and Engineering Solutions, Cisco Press, 2002.
- H. Newton, Newton's Telecom Dictionary, CMP Books, 2005.
- F. C. Alard, Fiber Optics Handbook for engineers and scientists, McGrow-Hill Publishing, 1989.
- J. M. Senior, Optical Fiber Communications, Principles nad Practice, Prentice Hall, 1992.
- V. Acimovic-Raspopovic, A. Kostic-Ljubisavljevic, S. Mladenovic, S. Jankovic, V. Radonjic, "Web based e-learning software for optical link design", Proceedings of 4th ISABEL Conference, October 26-29, 2011, Barcelona, Spain
- A. Kostic-Ljubisavljevic, S. Jankovic, V. Radonjic, S. Mladenovic, V. Acimovic-Raspopovic, "E-learning Software Tool for CWDM Link Design“, Proceedings of International Conference on Communications, Networking and Information Technology, 16-18 December 2011, Dubai, UAE, pp. 65-69.