International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Reversible Circuits Synthesis and optimization is one of the main terms dealt with in this study. The synthesis and optimization of circuits using PSO algorithm is investigated in this study. In this study, for the first time the reversible circuits are synthesized using PSO algorithms. At the time of circuit synthesis, factors such as hamming distance, number of layers (gates), and quantum costs are considered as the steps of circuit synthesis. Circuits with a certain number of inputs and layers (gates) can be calculated and tested at the synthesis output. All the circuits that are constructed using Toffoli gates can be produced by this method of synthesis, and the initial population can be developed from the reversible circuits, using PSO algorithms. So, a certain number of initial populations will be produced based on the number of Toffoli gates.
Here, the way of circuits and gates synthesis and optimization will be discussed. Among these circuits, one can refer to flip-flop, majority function, adder and subtractor.
The results obtained here showed a better function in most cases, as compared with the references studied in the theses and genetic and Miller’s algorithms, and in some circuits such as ALU and flip flops, very good results were obtained and a very low percentage with a lower or similar performance, are compensable with the conditions in which the constants and the repetition number of the synthesis steps change.
PSO, Reversible Logic, Optimization, Quantum Cost, Toffoli Gate
Mohammadi, M.; Eshghi M. (2009) Nonometric Quantum and Reversible Circuits Design & Optimization, Shahid Beheshti University
- Lieven M. K. Vandersypen, Matthias Steffen, Gregory Breyta, Costantino S. Yannoni, Mark H. Sherwood and Isaac L. Chuang “Experimental Realization of Shor's Quantum Factoring Algorithm Using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance”. Nature 2001, 414: pp. 883–887.
- J. E. Rice, “A new look at reversible memory elements”, in Proc. of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 2006
- H. Thapliyal and M. B. Srinivas, “A beginning in the reversible logic synthesis of sequential circuits,” in Proc. of MAPLD, 2005.
- Thapiyal H.M., Srinivas, M. B. “A New Reversible TSG Gate and Its Applications for Designing Efficient Adder Circuit” 7th Int. Symp. (RM2005), Tokyo, Japan (2005)
- Mohammadi, M., Eshghi, M., Kaivani, A. “Design of Reduced Quantum Cost Reversible BCD Adder”, IEEE EWDTS, Yerevan, Sep.7-10,2007, pp.475-478
- W. David Pan ,MaheshNalasani ,” Reversible logic”,IEEE Potentials ,2005.
- TommasoToffoli, “REVERSIBLE COMPUTING”, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science 545 Technology Sq., Cambridge, 632-644,1980.
- EdwardFredkin , TommasoToffoli,” Conservative Logic “,MIT Laboratory forComputer Science545 Technology SquareCambridge, Massachusetts, 2008.
- Yuhui Shi, “Particle Swarm Optimization”, Electronic Data Systems, Inc.Kokomo, IN 46902, USA,IEEE Neural Networks Society, February2004.