International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This research presents an idea that uses the relationship between thermo and acoustic in some automotive applications especially in air-conditioning operation, since the sound has a power or energy then it can be converted into any another form of energy. The idea depends on using the sound or noise resulted from the exhaust of the automobile in cooling the cabinet of the automobile during summer or in any time or place it is needed. This technology uses what is called vertex tube. This tube is used in last times to increase the temperature of air between the ends of this tube by applying some sound effects which makes such effect.
thermo-acoustic, automotive, vertex tube, power, energy.
- S. Backhaus, and G. W. Swift. New Varieties of Thermoacoustic Engines, 9th International Congress on Sound and Vibration, July 2002.
- R. G. Galiullin. I.P Revva, G. G. Khalimov. Thermoacoustic effect in a resonant
- semiopen tube, Journal of Engineering Physics, v 43, n 4, Oct. 1982, p 1126-32.
- G. W. Swift, Thermoacoustic Engines, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, v 84, n 4, Oct. 1988, p 1148-80. G. W. Swift, What is thermoacoustics? Los Alamos National Laboratory Website, http://www.lanl.gov/thermoacoustics/ehistory.pdf
- J. Wheatley, , T. Hofler, G. W. Swift, A. Migliori. Understanding some simple phenomena in thermoacoustics with application to acoustical heat engines, American Journal of Physics, v 53, n 2, Feb. 1985, p 147-62.