International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This paper discusses future visions of managing and delivering services over the internet in Technology Enhanced Learning. Current IT trend toward cloud computing  can open up world of knowledge to the learning communities faster, more reliably, cheaper, simpler and more effectively. Faster and more reliably - because of the technology behind where distinct services are supported by number of servers and fast and considerably reliable infrastructure. At a lower price - as current e-learning platforms require high initial cost on infrastructure and software applications while adoption of cloud computing can help reduce expenditure on infrastructure, software and human resources to considerable extent . Simpler and more effectively - as unlimited number of cloud-based services enhances the opportunities for learners and teachers in the educational process.
The goal of our work is not only to discuss advantages of the cloud computing but to study the architecture for cloud computing within Technology Enhanced Learning. We are presenting the situation of most of e-learning systems today and proposing steps to be taken in order to support the cloud concept to the community. To be more concrete, we are analyzing the model on the educational project eSEC  for the cloud concept based on this architecture.
: Cloud Architecture, Technology Enhanced Learning, eSEC project, services, interoperability
- F. Jian, “Cloud computing based distance education outlook”, China electronic education, 2009.10, Totally 273, pp.39-42.
- A. H. Masud, X. Huang, “An E-learning System Architecture based on Cloud Computing”, World Academy of Science Engineering and Technology 2012
- A.T. Velte, T. J. Velte, R. Elsenpeter, “Cloud Computing”, Mc Graw Hill, Cpress, ISBN 978-80-251-3333 0, 2011.
- R. Hua, “Teaching Information System Based on Cloud Computing”, Computer and Telecommunications, 2010.02, pp. 42-43.
- Y. Juan, S. Yi-xiang, “The Initial Idea of New Learning Society which Based on Cloud Computing”, Modern Educational Technology, Vol.20, .1, 2010, pp.14-17.
- Wild F., Mödritsche, F., Sigurdarson S., "Designing for Change: Mash-Up Personal Learning Environments," In: eLearning Papers, 9, 2008.
- T. Jian, F. Lijian, G. Tao, “Cloud computing-based Design of Network Teaching System”, Journal of TaiYuan Urban Vocational college, Mar. 2010, pp.159-160.
- Y. Zhongze, “The basic principles of cloud computing and its impact on education”, Satellite TV and Broadband Multimedia, 2010.6, pp.67-70.
- W. Xiaomei, J. Xiaoqiang, “Cloud computing on the Impact of Higher Education”, Science & Technology Information, 2010.10, pp.397-398.
- Z. Zhong-ping, L. Hui-cheng ， “The Development and Exploring of E- Learning System on Campus Network”，Journal of Shanxi Teacher’s University (Natural Science Edition), Vol.18, No.1, Mar. 2004, pp.36-40.
- W. Jianmin, “Campus Network's E-learning Mode”, New Curriculum Research, 2007.08, pp.84-86.
- Y. Wei, Y. Rong, “Research of an E-learning System Model Based on Agent”, Computer Engineering and Applications, Nov. 2004, pp.156- 158.
- A. Gladun, J. Rogushina, F. Garcı′a-Sanchez, R. Martı′nez-Be′jar, J. Toma′s Ferna′ndez-Breis, “An application of intelligent techniques and semantic web technologies in e-learning environments”, Expert Systems with Applications 36, 2009, 922-1931.
- Y. Li, S. Yang, J. Jiang, M. Shi, “Build grid-enabled large-scale collaboration environment in e-learning grid”, Expert Systems with Applications 31,2006, 742-754.
- Z. Chengyun, “Cloud Security: The security risks of cloud computing, models and strategies”, Programmer, May.2010, pp.71-73.
- B. Hayes, "Cloud computing," Comm. Acm, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 9– 11, 2008.
- [E. Tuncay, "Effective use of Cloud computing in educational institutions," Procedia Social Behavioral Sciences, p. 938–942, 2010.
- M. Al-Zoube, “E-learning on the Cloud”, International Arab Journal of e-Technology, Vol.1, No. 2, June 2009.
- D. Chandran and S. Kempegowda, „Hybrid E-learning Platform based on Cloud Architecture Model: A Proposal”, Proc. International Conference on Signal and Image Processing (ICSIP), pages 534-537, 2010.
- eSEC project portal, http://www.esecportal.eu/drupal
- G. Raines, “Cloud Computing and SOA”, MITRE
- http://www.mitre.org/work/tech_papers/tech_papers_09/09_0743/09_0743.pdf, 2009.
- SCORM CLOUD, http://scorm.com/scorm-solved/scorm-cloud/