International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Crops suffer from many economic plant diseases. A leaf spot disease creates spots on the foliage. The spots will vary in size and color depending on the plant, the organism involved and the stage of development. Generally leaf spots are examined manually and subject to expert opinion. Leaf infections called “Leaf Spots” are caused by a variety of fungi and some bacteria on many plants. In this paper, an image processing system is being developed for the detection of leaf spots and we introduce Noise optimization before performing the Adaptive Fuzzy Clustering algorithm which will classify the pixel into two groups: Normal and Noisy, which will reduce the response time with a higher quality. Our aim is to apply Adaptive Fuzzy Clustering algorithm which is efficient in handling data with outlier points, in comparison with Fuzzy C Means algorithm which gives only very low membership with outlier points
: Leaf Spots; Noise Optimization; Adaptive Fuzzy Clustering algorithm
- Barnett, H.L. and Hunter B.B. 1998. Illustrated Genera of Imperfect fungi, 4th edition, APS Press.
- Berger R.D. and Jones, J.W., 1985. A general model for disease progress with functions for variable latency and lesion expansion on growing host plant. Phytopathology. 75: 792-797.
- Campbell, C.L., and Madden, L. V., 1990. Introduction to Plant Disease Epidemiology . John Wiely & Sons. Newyork City. 532 pp.
- Agrios, G. N., 1997, Plant Pathology, 4th Edition, Academic Press.
- Dunn, J.C. 1974, well sepearted clusters and the optimal fuzzy partiitons, Journal of Cybernatics, 4: 95-104.
- Dezdek, J. C., 1981, Pattern Recognition with fuzzy objective function algorithms, Plenum press, Newyork, NY.
- Rouben, M., 1982. Fuzzy clustering algorithms and their clustering validity,EuropeanJournalofOperationalResearch,10:294-301.
- Gu. T.,Dubission B., 1990. Similarity of classes and fuzzy clustering, Fuzzy sets and systems, 34:213-221.
- X. L. Xie, G. Beni., 1991. A variety measure for fuzzy clustering, IEEE trans. On pattern analysis and machine intelligence., vol.13, no.8, 841-847.
- G. Raju, A. Singh, Th. Shanta Kumar, Binu Thomas, “ Integration of Fuzzy Logic in Data Mining: A comparative Case Study”, Proc. Of International Conf. on Mathematics and Computer Science, Loyola College, Chennai, 128-136, 2008
- E. Cox, Fuzzy Modeling And Genetic Algorithms For Data Mining And Exploration, Elsevier, 2005