International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This paper investigates the readiness of Fetakgomo Local Municipality to implement IT Service Management (ITSM). The study reviews literature on ITSM and look at a case study of a telecom firm where ITIL was used as a framework to implement IT Service Management successfully. The study looks at the critical success factors of implementing ITSM from the case study and collected data from the municipal to compare them to the factors to conclude if the municipality is ready and if not where can they improve.
: IT Service Management, ITIL, Information Technology, IT Services, Service
- Cartlidge, A., Hanna, A., Rudd, C., Macfarlane, I., Windebank, J., Rance, S., 2007, An Introductory Overview of ITIL V3, Version1, ISBN 0-9551245-8-1
- Chisnall, P. (2001) Marketing research. 6th ed. Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill.
- Davis G.B. & Olson M.H, 1985; Management Information Systems: Conceptual Foundations, Structure, and Development, New York/NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Efraim, Turban, Jay E. Aronson, Ting-Peng Liang, Ramesh Sharda, 2007 “Decision Support and Business Intelligence Systems”- Eighth Edition, pp. 3, 753, ISBN 0-13-198660-0.
- Harmon, R.R., Auseklis N. (2009) Sustainable IT Services: Assessing the Impact of Green Computing Practices, PICMET 2009 Proceedings, August 2-6, Poland, Oregon USA
- Matney, C., 2006, ITIL case study: How one company turned around a bad experience, [Online] Available at: http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/nsm/2006/0306nsm1.html?page=2
- Marczyk G, DeMatteo D & Festinger D. 2005. Essentials of Research Design and Methodology. John Wiley & Sons: Hoboken, New Jersey.
- OGC, Planning to implement service management, TSO, London, 2002 Orlikowski, W.J. & Baroudi, J.J. "Studying Information Technology in Organizations: Research Approaches and Assumptions", Information Systems Research (2) 1991, pp. 1-28.
- Stump, R.L. and Sriram, V. (1997) Employing Information Technology in Purchasing: buyer-supplier relationships and size of the supplier-base, Industrial Marketing Management, vol. 26, pp. 127-36