International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
As estimate is a prediction that is equally likely to be above or below the actual result” Risk management partly means reducing uncertainty. Reducing uncertainty has a cost associated with it . We need to balance such costs we could incur if the risk is not addressed. Quantification of risks that occur in software projects .The costs of risks analyzed before hand are estimated before starting the project development that is used during the project development.
On the basis of quantifications of risks:
- overall cost of software is effected
- overall schedule of software is effected
- overall time is effected
- overall quality is effected
In this paper we tried to estimate the software cost of risks which coordinates with the theory of immune system . In this paper we have proposed a Software Risks Estimation model (SREM). Proposed model estimate the risks which are identified by RRSCM (Risk Reducing software Cycle model)
: Risk Management; Risk Estimates; Risk cost.
- Nida Haseeb, Kavita Agrawal; “Software Project Risk Management Model Using Immune Clonal Approach”, 4th International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology (ICECT 2012), IEEE , Paper ID: E375, Kanyakmari(India)
- Amro Elakkad, PMP; “Risk –Tolerance based schedule and cost Estimates”,2008 International Institute for learning,inc., Microsoft coorporation.
- ABN AMRO , “Guidelines for risk management”, version 1.6 .
- Capers Jones .President , Caper Jones and associates .LLC(New direction in software estimation); “including Risk analysis in software cost estimates” .
- Cuna, J.C., demirdal B. , Gui, P.; “Qualitative risk analysis for uncertainty qualification on drilling operations on review and lessons learneds”, 2005, http://www.ogbs.ru/eng/
- Daya Gupta ,Mohd. Sadiq; “Software Risk Assessment and Estimation Model ”,International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology, IEEE ,2008, pp. 963-967.
- Gregory; “Improving Cost Estimation with Quantitative Risk Analysis”, www.voseconsulting.com
- Jairus hihn, Karen Lum; “Software Cost risk estimation and Management at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory”, 17th International Forum on COCOMO and Software cost modelling, 2002.
- Kari Kansala ; “Integrating Risk assessment with cost estimation”, 1997 , IEEE, pp-339-348.
- Kelly D.Moses, Stephen F. Hooker; “Development of qantitative cost and schedule risk analysis process”, Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on systems engineering , 2005, IEEE.
- Lionel C.Briand, Khalad EI Emam, Frank Bomarius ; “Cobra: A hybrid method for software cost estimation, benchmarking and risk assessment”, 1998 , IEEE, pp- 390-399.
- Li Xiaosong ,Liu Shushi, Cai Wenjun, Feng Songjiang ; “The application of risk matrix to software project risk management”,2009,IEEE, pp- 480-483.
- Linda Westfall ; “Software Risk management”,2001.
- Mohd Sadiq, Abdul Rahman, Shabbir Ahmad, Mohd Asim, Javed Ahmad; “esrc tool: A tool to estimate the software risk and cost” , second international conference on computer research and development, 2010, IEEE, Pg.886-890.
- Mala. V.Patil ; “Software effort estimation and risk analysis-a case study ”, IET-UK International Conference on information and communication technology in electrical sciences, 2007 , chennai(tamil nad), pp- 1002-1007.
- Majid Mousami; “Software Cost Estimation”, 2006, pp- 1-17.
- Mehwish Nasir ; “A survey of software estimation techniques and project planning practices”, Proceedings of the Seventh ACIS International Conference on software engineering, Artificial intelligence, and parallel/distributing computing,2006 ,IEEE.
- Masood Uzzafer; “A financial tool for software risk measurement”, 2010, IEEE.
- Mira Kajko-mattson, jan Lndholm , jonas norrby; “Insight into risk management in five software organizations”,35th Euromicro Conference on software engineering and advanced applications, 2009, IEEE, pp- 321-326.
- Nikolaos Mittas, Lefteris Angelis; “Visual comparison of software cost estimation models by regression error characteristics analysis”, The journal of systems and software 83(2010), Sciencedirect pp- 621-637.
- Osamu Mizuno, Takuya Adachi, Tohru Kikuno, Yasunari Takagi; “On prediction of cost and duration for risky software projects based on risk questionnaire”, 2001, IEEE, pp- 120-128.
- Pasi Ojala ; “Experiences of Risk enhanced value assessment in a software company”, 2009,pp- 121-125.
- Ray madachy; “Knowledge Based risk assessment and cost estimation”, 1994, IEEE, pp- 172-178.
- Raymond J.Madachy; “Heristics Risk Assessment using cost factors”, IEEE,1997, pp- 51-59.
- Stamatia Bibi anad IIoannis Stamelos; “Estimating the development cost for intelligent systems”, studies in conptational intelligence(SCI) 104, 200,pp- 25-45, www.springerlink.com
- Stephen C. Fortier, J.Bret Michael; “A risk based approach to cost benefit analysis of software safety activities”,1993, IEEE,pp- 53-60.
- Stephen P. Marshiola; “A simple estimate of the cost of software project failures and the breakeven effectiveness of the project risk management ”; First International workshop on the economics of software and compution,2007,IEEE Computer society .
- Timothy P.Anderson and jeffery S. cherwonik; “Cost estimating Risk and cost estimating uncertainty guidelines”, 1997,pp-339-348.
- M.A.Parthasarathy; “Practical Software Estimation(infosys)”, Pearson Education.
- Bruce T. Barkley , “Project risk management”, copyright 2004, TMH companies.
- Marnie L. hutcheson , “Software testing fundamentals - methods and metrices ” , 2005 , Wiley publishing
- Sommerville , “Software Engineering” , 7th edition, Pearson education
- Bob Hughes And Mike Cotterell, “ Software Project Management ” , 3rd edition ,2005 , Tata McGraw Hill