International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
This paper proposes method for modeling realistic thatched grass blade. In this method, dried grass or thatched grass are considered for their unique characteristics. To model it, we model the primary vein by using skeleton-based modeling. For the lobe, we use a plane with a bump-map to manipulate the height and width of the secondary vein. The scar texture is used for creating the dot on each blade. Qualitative comparison with photos and conventional method show that our method produces realistic result with optimum effort .
: Skeleton-based Modeling, Venation, Leaf, Grass, Computer-Graphic
- James S. Cope et al, “Plant Species Identi cation using Digital Morphometrics: a Review”, 2011, PP 1-31
- Yi-Kuan Zhang et al, “Image Based Real-time and Realistic Forest Rendering and Forest Growth Simulation”, Second International Symposium on Plant Growth Modeling, Simulation, Visualization and Applications, 2007, PP 323-327
- Yumei Wang et al, “Modeling And Rendering Of Dynamic Grassland Scene in The Wind”, WASE International Conference on Information Engineering, 2009, PP 69-74
- Kan Chen et al, “Real-Time Continuum Grass”, 2010, PP 227-234
- Xiangkun Zhao et al, “Real-time Animating and rendering of large scale grass scenery on GPU”, International Conference on Information Technology and Computer Science, 2009, PP 601-604.
- Long Quan et al, “Image-based Plant Modeling”
- Aristid Lindenmayer, “II.Simple and Branching Filaments with Two-sided Inputs”, Mathematical Models for Cellular Interactions in Development, 1968, PP 300-315
- Weilong Ding et al, “A Visualization System for Rice Plant Modeling”, International Conference on Intelligent Control and Information Processing, 2010
- Yodthong Rodkaew et al, “An algorithm for generating vein images for realistic modeling of a leaf”, Computational Mathematics and Modeling, 2002, PP 1-9
- Huai Yongjian et al, “Plant Leaf Modeling and Rendering Based-on GPU”, International Conference on Information Science and Engineering, 2009, PP 1372-1375
- [T. Miao et al, “A framework for plant leaf modeling and shading”, Mathematical and Computer Modeling, 2011,
- Kan Chen et al, “Real-Time Continuum Grass”, IEEE Virtual Reality, 2010, PP 227-234.
- Musawir A. Shah et al, “Real-time Rendering of Realistic-looking Grass”, 2005, PP 77-82
- Kévin Boulanger et al, “Rendering Grass in Real Time with Dynamic Lighting”, 2009
- Shaohui Jiao et al, “Grassland Withering Simulation in terms of Time-Varying Texels”, Digital Object Identifier, 2012, PP 78-86
- Shenglian Lu et al, “Venation Skeleton-Based Modeling Plant Leaf Wilting”, International Journal of Computer Games Technology, 2009, PP 1-8
- Qingkeleqiqige et al, “Venation Skeleton-based Modeling of Rice Leaf”, Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation, 2011, PP 308-311