International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Android platform is developed by Google Inc. since 2007, this open and free software stack includes an operating system, middleware and also key applications for use on mobile devices originally, now Android is an Open Handset Alliance Project. Application servers refer to the service, hardware, and software used to host a website. The software (middleware) perform a variety of functions online that connect information from a database to a web application, in a distributed network it functions on a multitier software architecture platform that serves an Application Protocol Interface (API). An application server based on an Android platform is developed in this paper that provides a web control system for home network via home powerline. The main benefits of this system are license free, highly mobility, and free of wire connection between household appliances .
: Android Platform; Application Server; Powerline Communication; Home Network
- C. Suh and Y.B. Ko, “Design and Implementation of Intelligent Home Control Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 54, No.3, Aug. 2008.
- “Powerline Technologies in Home Networking,” Xilinx Corp., Jun, 2010.
- “Power Line Communication,” Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_line_communication
- “IT700 Powerline Communication Modem Advanced Information – Product Brief,” YITRAN Communications Ltd., Jun. 2008.
- S. Bradbury, “HomePlug Command & Control (C&C) Overview White Paper,” Yitran Communications Ltd. and the HomePlug Command and Control Marketing Work Group, Sep. 2008. http://www.yitran.com/
- “The IT700 Y-NET Package Quick Start,” YITRAN Communications Ltd., Feb. 2009.
- “Product Technical Brief S3C6410 Rev 2.0,” Samsung Electronics, August. 2007.
- “Samsung S3C6410 ARM11 Board Hardware Reference Guide,” EMBEST CO., LIMITED, April. 2010.
- “Google launches Android, an open mobile platform,” Google Operating System. November 5, 2007.
- “Live Google’s gPhone open handset alliance conference call,” Gizmodo, November 5, 2007, http://gizmodo.com/#!318561/livegoogles-gphone-open-handset-alliance-conference-call.
- “Google releases Android SDK,” Macworld. November 12, 2007. http://www.macworld.com/article/61005/2007/11/androidsdk.html.
- “Google announces Android 4.0.4,” The Inquirer, March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 31, 2012.
- M. Gargenta “Learning Android,” O'Reilly Media, March 2011.