International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Biometrics has been used to verify intrusion and identification of intruder in video surveillance system. Biometrics was divided into traditional biometrics and soft biometrics. Traditional biometrics is a method using information on face, iris, and fingerprint. Soft biometrics is ancillary information that can be combined with primary biometrics to identify a person in a better way. Soft biometrics is a method using information on gender, ethnicity, and height. In this paper, we explore the possibility of using several soft biometrics to register subjects in one location and identify them in another. We automatically extract clothing color, height, skin color and hair color from multiple video frames and use this information to recognize individuals.
: Background Subtraction, Hue, Image Level Fusion, Rank Level Fusion, Score Level Fusion, Segmentation and Soft Biometrics
- Middendorff, Christopher Dennis, “Multi-Biometric Approaches to Ear Biometrics and Soft Biometrics”, PhD Thesis, University of Notre Dame, 2009.
- Rita Cucchiara, Costantino Grana, Massimo Piccardi, Andrea Prati, and Stefano Sirotti, “Improving shadow suppression in moving object detection with hsv color information”, IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pages 334–339, 2001.
- R.-L. Hsu, M. Abdel-Mottaleb, and A. Jain, “Face detection in color images”, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 24:696– 706, 2002.
- Jing Huang, S. R. Kumar, M Mitra, Wei-Jing Zhu, and R. Zabih, “Image indexing using color correlograms”, Proceedings. 1997 IEEE Computer Society Conference on ComputerVision and Pattern Recognition, pages 762–768, 1997.
- Jongan Park, Youngeun An, Ilhoe Jeong, Gwangwon Kang, and Kim Pankoo, “Image indexing using spatial multi-resolution color correlogram”, IEEE International Workshop inImaging Systems and Techniques, pages 25–28, 2007.
- Greg Pass and Ramin Zabih, “Comparing images using joint histograms”, Multimedia Systems, pages 234–240, 1999.
- Madhavi Gudavalli, Dr.S.Viswanadha Raju, Dr.A.Vinaya Babu and Dr.D.Srinivasa Kumar, “MultiModal Biometrics-Sources, Architecture & Fusion Techniques: An Overview”,IEEE-International Symposium on Biometrics and Security Technologies (ISBAST’12), Taipei, Taiwan, March 26-29, 2012.
- Madhavi Gudavalli, Dr.S.Viswanadha Raju and Dr.D.Srinivasa Kumar, “An Overview on MultiModal Biometrics-Sources, Architecture & Fusion Techniques”, CIIT International Journal of Biometrics & Bioinformatics, Vol 3, No 11, PP. 516-519 ,December 2011