International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Nowadays, in the trend of strong growth of embedded software technology, the optimization of embedded software has an important role. The evaluation and optimization of embedded software in the design phase brings many benefits. In this paper, we propose a new method to optimize embedded software based on generating simulation code of functions from model. The embedded software is modeled according to the different task flow diagrams. Each task in the diagram is specified input, output and is estimated according to the set of basic operations. Each basic operation is mapped to a code snippet by language selected. We define the Domain Specific Language which is used to design task flow diagrams. Based on Text Template Transformation Toolkit, the executable simulation code of programs will be generated from the correspondence diagrams. We run these programs on the actual device to get the information of performance, power consumption and occupied memory size. Then we build the objective functions and do multi-objective optimization for embedded system based on Pareto principle
: Embedded Software Optimization; DSL – Domain Specific Language; T4 – Text Template Transformation Toolkit; Simulation Code of The Function; Code Generation; Multi-objective optimization; Pareto principle
- Chris Thompson, Jules White, Brian Dougherty and Douglas C. Schmidt,“Optimizing Mobile Application Performance with Model‐Driven Engineering”, pp.1-10, 2008.
- Michalis Anastasopoulos, Thomas Forster, and Dirk Muthig, “Optimizing Model-driven Development by deriving Code Generation Patterns from Product line architectures”, D-67661 Kaiserslautern, Germany, pp.1-9, 2005.
- Sanna Sivonen, “Domain-specific modelling language and code generator for developing repository-based Eclipse plug-ins”, ESPOO, pp.1-13, 2008.
- Armita Peymandoust, Tajana Simunic, Giovanni De Micheli, “Low Power Embedded Software Optimization using Symbolic Algebra”, pp.1-8, 2002.
- Sangyoon Oh, Mehmet S. Aktas, Marlon Pierce, Geoffrey C. Fox, “Optimizing Web Service Messaging Performance Using a Context Store for Static Data”, pp.1-12, 2008.
- Michalis Anastasopoulos, Thomas Forster, and Dirk Muthig, “Optimizing Model-driven Development by deriving Code Generation Patterns from Product line architectures”, Sauerwiesen 6, Germany, pp.50-61, 2007.
- Kahn, “Topological sorting of large networks”, Communications of the ACM 5, 1962, pp.558-562.
- Lloyd G. Williams “Performance Evaluation of Software Architectures”, pp.1-12, 1998.
- Dorin B. Petriu, Murray Woodside, “A Metamodel for Generating Performance Models from UML Designs”, Ottawa K1S 5B6, Canada, pp.1-11.
- P.V. Huong, T.M. Tuan, D.Q. Huy, L.T. Trang, V.T. Nhan, N.N. Binh, T.A. Hoang, “Some Approaches to Nôm Optical Character Recognition”, VNU, Hanoi. J. of Science, Natural Sciences and Technology, Vol. 24, No. 3S, pp. 90-99, 2008. (ISSN: 0866-8612).
- P.V. Huong, N.N. Binh, T.M. Tuan, N.T.N. Huong, L.T. Trang, V.T. Nhan, T.A. Hoang, “Some Methodologies of Nôm Optical Character Recognition”, Proceedings of ICT.rda'08, pp. 309-318, Hanoi, 8/2008.