International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
The application of technology world over has brought radical changes in the traditional view on career option and security. Within the context of rapid technological change and shift in market conditions, the Indian education system is challenged with the problem of expanding its educational opportunities. The concept of governance applied to universities in India is related to the exercise of controlling the power of different centers and departments which are part of an Indian affiliating university. This research paper aims to understand the institutional preparedness for e-governance in Indian Affiliating Universities from the perspective of teaching faculty. The data is collected through questionnaire and analyzed using factor analysis.
: ICT, E-Governance, E-Governance in Indian Affiliating University, Factor Analysis
- Anderson, P. & Backhouse, G., 2008. Enterprise Architecture, An Introduction. JISC Briefing Paper, www.jisc.ac.uk/media/documents/publications/bpenterprisearchitecturev1.pdf
- Alexander T. Basilevsky (1994). Statistical Factor Analysis and Related Methods Theory and Applications, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Carmines, E. G. & Zeller, R. A. (1990). Reliability and Validity Assessment. Sage University Paper.
- Collis, B., 2002. Information technologies for education and training. In: Adelsberger, H., Collis, B. & Pawlowski, J. (eds) Handbook on Technologies for Information and Training. Berlin: Springer Verlag.
- Edward E. Cureton; Ralph B. D’Agostino (1993). Factor Analysis, Taylor and Francis.
- James, P. & Hopkinson, L., 2008d. Results of the 2008 SusteIT Survey. A Best Practice Review prepared for the Joint Information Services Committee (JISC).: www.susteit.org.uk
- V C Kulandisamy (2006), Reconstruction of Higher Education in India, The ICFAI University Press.
- Maddi Gurumurty Reddy (1997). Higher Education in India, APH Publishing.
- Moonis Raza (1991). Higher Education in India: Retrospect and Prospect, Association of Indian Universities.
- Oliver, R., 2005. Ten more years of educational technologies in education: How far have we travelled? Australian Educational Computing, 20(1): 18–23.
- Peter James & Lisa Hopkinson (2009), Sustainable ICT in Further and Higher Education: A Report for the Joint Information Services Committee.
- Romesh Verma, (2005), Distance Education in Technological Age, Anmol.