International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Companies, institutions and military often have a necessity to communicate a highly sensitive message and always carry the risk of capture text by unauthorized parties. Utilization of text message hiding in the picture using stegabography appears to be an alternative of predicting the limited text and capacity during embedding and extraction. For comparative analysis this paper proposed amendments to the existing techniques structure, using Robet, Canny, Sobel, Perwitt and Log algorithms. It exhaustively observes these techniques by source coding using Matlab for small text messages and makes recommendations of such features. After analyzing the results Canny method shows the better phase embedding and extraction in all the text given. It also proposed security enhancements and presents a novel form of stegangraphy
: Steganography, Robet, Canny, Sobel, Perwitt and Log algorithms, text message
- Andreas Westfeld and Andreas Pﬁtzmann. Attacks on Steganographic Systems 1999. In Proceedings of Information Hiding - Third International Workshop. Springer Verlag, September 1999.
- Esra, S.; Hakan, I. 2012. A compression-based text steganography method. Journal of Systems and Software Vol. 85(10), Pp 2385–2394
- J. Zollner, H. Federrath, H. Klimant, A. P¯tzman, R. Piotraschke, A. West feld, G. Wicke, and G. Wolf, Modeling the security of steganographic systems," 2nd Information Hiding Workshop, pp. 345-355, April 1998.
- Johnson, N.F. & Jajodia, S., “Exploring Steganography: Seeing the Unseen”, Computer Journal, February 1998.
- Johnson, N.F. Jajodia, S.& Duric, Z., 2001. Information hiding: steganography and watermarking – attacks and countermeasures. Kluwer academic publishers.
- Martin, Keye & Ira S. Moskowitz. Noisy Timing Channels with Binary Inputs and Outputs. 8th International Workshop, IH 2006, Alexandria, VA, USA, July 2006, Revised Selected Papers, Springer, 2006, p. 124-144.
- N. J. Hopper, J. Langford, and L. Von Ahn. 2002. Provably secure steganography," Advances in Cryptology: CRYPTO 2002.
- Thiyagarajan P, Aghila G, Prasanna Venkatesan V. 2012. "Pixastic: Steganography based Anti-Phishing Browser Plug-in", Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, Vol. 17, no. 1, ISSN: 1204-5357.