International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Universities attempt to develop innovative and current degrees in Australia, especially in exercise and sports science, which is one of the fastest growing disciplines within Australian universities. Compliance in higher education and relevant to exercise and sports science degrees is now an expected part of the higher education playing field in the Australian university sector as Australian and State governments through SCOTESE control the developing curricula by enforcing compliance with national agendas, such at the Australian Qualifications Framework that controls the expected level of academic achievement and skill levels within the 10 levels of educations from certificate level to doctoral level qualifications. In addition, professional associations also have input and demand compliance in terms of micromanaging the subjects and the curriculum in exercise and sports science, as well as university driven models of compliance in terms of developing and moderating degree programs. The development of e-learning fully and on-line degrees is now the norm not the exception with some universities delivering to 70% of their students using this education mode and Open Universities Australia a 100%. However, such development is controlled via compliance and how this compliance influences the product universities sell to their customers, the students.
: Higher education, compliance, e-learning, exercsie, sport science.
- The Council of Australian Governments (COAG), Standing Council on Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment (SCOTESE). 2012. http://natese.gov.au/?a=61004
- National Foundation Skills Strategy for Adults, SCOTESE: National Foundation Skills Strategy for Adults National Foundation. Skills Strategy for Adults, September, 2012.
- Australian Qualifications Framework Council, Australian Qualifications Framework, 2011.
- Australian Qualifications Framework Council, Australian Qualifications Framework, 2012.
- The Free Dictionary 2012. http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/curriculum.
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia. National University Course Accreditation Program (NUCAP). Brisbane: NUCAP/ESSA National Office, 2012
- J. G. Clawson. Chapter 3. Adult Learning Theory: It Matters. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press,
- Scott P. Johnson Ed. Neoconstructivism: The New Science of Cognitive Development. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Blackboard Inc. 2012 Blackboard Exemplary Course Rubric. 1997-2012 Blackboard Inc, 2012.
- Sports Medicine and Exercise Science Video Collection. http://spex.alexanderstreet.com/
- Respondus: Assessment Tools for Learning Systems. http://www.respondus.com/