International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Cloud computing is generally accepted as the workable solution for computation intensive problems such as big data analysis. Among the major building blocks for the underlying infrastructure, MPI (Message Passing Interface) is one of the most effective solutions. This study aims to propose a Java-based service architecture using Open MPI for cloud computing operations. Web-based interfaces are provided for further inquiries of the operation results. Additional interfaces are supported for computational needs as well for users who are not familiar with the language details. Simple protocol is available for Java developers to transfer their job for further processing. Professional MPI library function users can integrate their codes with Java programs and therefore get to improve the way they manage their MPI programs more flexibly.
: Open MPI; JAVA; Spring Framework; cloud computing
- M. Armbrust, A. Fox, R. Griffith, et al.A. D. Joseph, R. Katz and A. Konwinski, et al.,”A View of Cloud Computing,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 53, no. 4, 2010, pp. 50-58.
- I. Foster, Y. Zhao, I. Raicu and S. Lu, “Cloud Computing and Grid Computing 360-Degree Compared,” Grid Computing Environments Workshop, 2008. GCE '08, pp. 1-10.
- D. Howe, et al., “Big data: The future of biocuration,” Nature, 455, 2008, pp.47-50.
- T. White, “Hadoop: The definitive guide, 2nd Edition,” O'Reilly Media, 2010.
- E. Gabriel, et al., “Open MPI: Goals, Concept, and Design of a Next Generation MPI Implementation,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3241, 2004, pp. 353-337.
- C. Ho and R. Harrop, “Pro Spring 3,” Apress, 2012.
- K. Montgomery, et al., “Spring: A general framework for collaborative, real-time surgical simulation,” Medicine Meets Virtual Reality. Amsterdam: IOS Press, 2002.
- J. M. Squyres and A. Lumsdaine, “The Component Architecture of Open MPI: Enabling Third-Party Collective Algorithms,” Component Models and System for Grid Applications, vol. III, 2005, pp. 167-185.
- J. Hursey and R. L. Graham, “Building a Fault Tolerant MPI Application: A Ring Communication Example,” Parallel and Distributed Processing Workshops and Phd Forum (IPDPSW), 2011 IEEE International Symposium on, pp. 1549-1556.
- J. M. Smith, et al., “Activating Networks,” Computer, vol. 32, Issue 4, 1999, pp. 32-41.
- D. Nurmi, et al., “The Eucalyptus Open-Source Cloud-Computing System,” Cluster Computing and the Grid, 2009. CCGRID '09. 9th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on, pp. 124-131.