International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Soft-decision decoding of Reed-Solomon (RS) code can improve the decoding performance significantly, but the system complexity is high. Therefore, most of the communication systems use the hard-decision decoder because of low complexity. However order statistic decoding algorithm (OSD) is an effective decoding algorithm which can reduce the complexity of the system. In this paper, we propose a non-binary OSD algorithm which can be applied to non-binary RS code. We also consider different ways of computing symbol reliability and decoding metric in the proposed algorithm. Simulation results show the performance of the algorithm under partial band noise jamming (PBNJ) and AWGN.
: Reed-Solomon code, order statistic decoding algorithm, frequency-hopping, partial band noise jamming/"
- S. Reed and G. Solomon, ”Polynomial Codes over Certain Finite Fields,” Journal of Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics., vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 300-304, June 1960
- Marc P. C. Fossorier and Shu Lin ”Soft-decision decoding of linear block codes based on ordered statistics” IEEE Transactions on information Theory., VOL. 41, NO. 5, SEPTEMBER 1995
- A. Vardy and Y. Be’ery, “Bit-level soft-decision decoding of Reed-Solomon codes,” IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 39, pp. 440-445, Mar. 1991.
- W.E. Stark,”Coding for frequency-hopped spread-spectrum communication with partial-band interferencePart : Coded performance,”IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-33, pp. 1045-1057, Oct. 1985.
- Yu T. Su, Li-Der Jeng, ”Antijam capability analysis of RS-coded slow frequency-hopped systems”, IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 48, No. 2. Feb, 2000